tire sizes

talimoro

• 1 month later...

Tirerack shows exactly 1 275/55R18 tire (it is a sport truck all-season).

being .3 inches taller and 1.2 inches wider, you can visualize having the tire .6 inches further out and closer to the inside, turn the wheel full lock and see.

I personally have not tried putting on a wider and slightly taller tire on an Edge. My 2012 Fusion is very close on width when I try to use wider rims with more backspacing, but if I was to just do tires 1.2 inches wider seems like it would fit (I used foam board attached to the tires and turned the steering full both ways, and tried compressing the suspension).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 12:47 PM, talimoro said:

Hey, I have a 2011 Ford Edge Limited with stock tires of 245/60 R18, I would like to put a wider tire on it,

can a 275/55 R18 tire be put on this car?

I have the same question for my 2020 SE, same stock tire size.  Would like a wider, sportier appearance. 

Thinking about upgrading to 20" wheels but may opt for replacing the tires instead to save some $$. 

I found a chart on tiresize.com that shows comparable diameters, widths, etc.  However, wondering if anyone has actually done this to confirm any issues like rubbing.

255s may not be worth it with only an extra .4".  275s may be more noticeable at over 1" wider but there don't seem to be many tire options.  I suspect that anything wider would require a wider rim...can anyone confirm this?

image.png.2df44cd92a79dc8049a59e8fa56aa98e.png