Vista roof control lighting

I thought it was to give Lex something to do until the blind spot mirrors were available......

(just kidding, Lex, just kidding) :redcard:

ha ha.. I am working on a little something new right now that is keeping me busy.. parts are on the way as you read this

My 09 Edge has completely different switches than those in the threads. Any idea if this would work on the new switches?

I see no reason why the 'idea' would not work. not sure what you mean by "different switches"? what, they look different? have you actually followed that thread and pulled down the switches and flipped them over, pulled them apart, to see the pins and motherboard with the little LEDs, etc? That is how to determine if this mod will work for you. I would be hard pressed to believe they would change MBs, pins and pigtail attachments - the real key to this mod - but then again, I am surprised to hear you say "completely different switches". either way, the theory is still sound, it just may require a different set of pins to turn on the feature. so I would suspect it would work, but you need to look a the guts of your switches, not the outside look of them, to find out.

ha ha.. I am working on a little something new right now that is keeping me busy.. parts are on the way as you read this

I see no reason why the 'idea' would not work. not sure what you mean by "different switches"? what, they look different? have you actually followed that thread and pulled down the switches and flipped them over, pulled them apart, to see the pins and motherboard with the little LEDs, etc? That is how to determine if this mod will work for you. I would be hard pressed to believe they would change MBs, pins and pigtail attachments - the real key to this mod - but then again, I am surprised to hear you say "completely different switches". either way, the theory is still sound, it just may require a different set of pins to turn on the feature. so I would suspect it would work, but you need to look a the guts of your switches, not the outside look of them, to find out.

I will pull it down and look. Here is what I mean by "completely different switches".

Your switches:

post-5402-1231602194_thumb.jpg

09 Switches:

post-5402-1231602211_thumb.jpg

interesting... of all the things to change.. I wonder why they changed those. still think it would be possible, but maybe new pin setup has to be figured out for 2009.

FWIW.. the picture above of "your switches" are actually MKX switched, not Edges.

They still look like they will light up. When I get a chance I will pull down the panel and see what is behind it.