Battery draining HELP ASAP

DDpowell

HELP!!  My 2011 Edge has a serious battery issue. It’s my only vehicle and it’s dead. Throughout the day and night the light’s intermittently turn in with nobody in the vehicle.or near it. The battery saver has been coming on the screen at times. I leave nothing plugged in and make sure everything is off. When I use my fob to lock and secure it the alarm beeps twice because it says door ajar all the time. The dome lights stay on. I’ve taken all the bulbs out to keep it from being lite up. The parking lights stay on too. So now my battery is dead, I can jump it and it starts. But then when I turn it off and go to start it later it’s clicking, everything inside is flashing…I replaced the 926-014 battery fuse and that didn’t do anything. Autozone checked battery p, alternator and starter all are good…help

Edited by 1004ron

1 hour ago, DDpowell said:

When I use my fob to lock and secure it the alarm beeps twice because it says door ajar all the time.

This is your problem, either the switch in one of the doors is faulty or not being pushed enough to maintain constant contact and causing the vehicle to stay active. Either door needs adjusted, sensor needs replaced or you can sort of disable it ((158) FIXED!! 2011 Ford Edge Rear Door Sensor - YouTube)

4 hours ago, DDpowell said:

The door is definitely always completely closed. It’s concerning why my interior and parking lights randomly turn on though. 
would a bad BCM cause these issues along with the car not starting?

If your car beeps as though a door is open and it physically is closed when you remote lock the doors, it means it "thinks" it is open, therefore the door being physically shut means nothing to the car. Because of the sensor/switch/button on the inside of the door jam, looks like a black rubber button inside the door jam, is glitching on which ever door is causing this or not being pushed in enough due to the door settling over the years. When it detects/thinks a door has opened it turns on the interior and exterior lights as if you opened the door, this is what is draining your battery. The dash should say which door it thinks is ajar when in it at some point, that is your problem not the battery or your door not being physically shut.

I had a 2011 Edge that had a problem with the driver's door switch.  This was apparently a common issue with 2011 Edges.  The door switch malfunctioned and kept telling me the door was open when it was closed.  Although I did not experience the battery issues, I think that if the door switch was malfunctioning intermittently, it could cause lights to go on and off as well as other electronics in the vehicle running the battery down.

• Thanks 1