2013 Ford Edge Tail lights not working

daveberry

Ok...tail lights blow 10 amp fuse. I've replaced all the rear bulbs, cleaned the sockets and bulb greased> I replaced the main headlight switch.  No joy.  There has been no damage to the vehicle. All Brake lights work, turn signals work, just no tail lights and when i replace the fuse, the fuse blows immediately when i turn on the lights..  Front park lights work normally.  What am I missing.  I suspect there's a relay that has gone bad but there doesn't seem to be one specifically for the tail lights.   I did replace the rear camera, which works normally. There are two connectors on the liftgate,  one for the rear stop/brake light and one for the camera. Nothing there seems related to the tail lights. But that's the only work on the car i did recently.  Help!!

Reminder !!!!!!! - Forum Help & Site Suggestions - Ford Edge Forum

Edited by 1004ron
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you to all who responded..went back in and yes started eliminating connectors that weren't part of the problem. It turned out to be (surprise) the license plate lighting wiring. Now this wiring isnt particlarly small gage but apparently it was nicked during my camera change,  I insulated the wires, and changed the fuse, and boom..i've got taillights again.    and thanks for all the circuit diagrams, they will come in handy. Is there a spot here on th eforum where all the circuit diagrams are available?

Any way many thanks.....