Gear selected will Engage at Low Speed

Hi,

I am having an issue with reverse on a hill with my 2019 Edge ST. I recently bought the Edge ST with 16000 miles on it. When stopped on a hill and then attempting to back up the hill, the hill assist holds the brakes and upon pressing the gas pedal I get a message in the display that says "Gear Selected will Engage at Low Speed". Then there is no power in reverse. Going forward works OK. If I turn the Edge off and back on, reversing up the hill is OK. This has happened twice. I've searched the forum and elsewhere and can't find a mention of this.

Edited by Tom Maiello
typo

• 2 months later...

While I haven't seen this issue, I've had low power backing up a steep hill. Your ST powertrain might still be covered under 5yr/60,000mile warranty. It's about 5yrs since they were first sold (got mine in Sept, 2018).

There are various TSB/SSM's for the Edge. I don't know if any of them will help.

I don't really deal with hills, but when you posted the original post, I tried some (2019 SEL w hill start assist since all trim levels have it) hills in reverse, letting off the brake for a bit before touching the gas, giving it various amounts of throttle, going past the 3 seconds or so it says it will hold, and never replicated it.

• 1 month later...