P1450 code Purge Valve fixed but code comes back again one month later?

fairlaniac

Last month I got a P1450 code on our '17 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost. @ 75,000 miles. I replaced the purge valve and worked fin until yesterday when the same P1450 code came up. I see all kinds of responses across the web but nothing on a repeat code. Any ideas other than a second Purge Valve?

Thanks!

From the 2017 Ford Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis Manual, a multi-model/multi-engine diagnostic reference...

image.png.1e8b68f3b8367bc6dc73992e07f2095a.png

Document download link> PINPOINT TEST HX - EVAPORATIVE EMISSION (EVAP) SYSTEM AND MONITOR.pdf

If you progress toward undertaking the many circuit tests in the Pinpoint Test HX diagnostic procedure, I can provide Edge-specific connector details and location illustrations, and wiring diagrams.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just bought a 2015 edge titanium awd with 114k on it. Was going good for a week or so until the check engine light came on but with no noticeable problems. Ran the scanner and got P1450 and found out about only replacing the purge valve instead of the whole harness, hoping to save $125 on the fix. Took off the old purge valve and tested it anyways and it seemed fine but I installed the new one from amazon along with a new hose. Code P1450 stayed but then it added code P0443 along with it. Do I try replacing the vapor canister solenoid, or the vapor canister with a new solenoid, or just bite the bullet and get the new purge valve vapor harness? All of the above? If I need a new vapor canister, do you know where I can find one for less than $100? Thanks

8 hours ago, Praetorian said:

Just bought a 2015 edge titanium awd with 114k on it. Was going good for a week or so until the check engine light came on but with no noticeable problems. Ran the scanner and got P1450 and found out about only replacing the purge valve instead of the whole harness, hoping to save $125 on the fix. Took off the old purge valve and tested it anyways and it seemed fine but I installed the new one from amazon along with a new hose. Code P1450 stayed but then it added code P0443 along with it. Do I try replacing the vapor canister solenoid, or the vapor canister with a new solenoid, or just bite the bullet and get the new purge valve vapor harness? All of the above? If I need a new vapor canister, do you know where I can find one for less than $100? Thanks

I wouldn't trust one bought from Amazon.

Avoid overfilling the gas tank - first click, stop filling.