2013 Edge AWD - AGM battery 124R fit?

Braxus

Hi Everyone! I'm coming from a 2014 Mustang V6, so I am very familiar with these particular engines. I'm looking at getting a 2013 SEL AWD model. First off. The 36R battery. To get into an AGM battery, will a 124R fit? I don't see AGM ones listed in 36R. Also what size of exhaust pipes does this vehicle use? Is it recommended to cut out the resonators and try and put aftermarket mufflers in like some Magnaflows? Also anything specific to this year I should look out for? I'm aware of the water pump failures in the V6. Also what winter tires are recommended for all year round use? I do like Nokian and BF Goodrich.

Edited by Braxus

• 1004ron changed the title to 2010 Edge AWD - AGM battery 124R fit?

Water pump issues are generally thought to be the result of poor maintenance. Change your oil on schedule (or sooner) and coolant and should go a long, long time.

All season for year around. Winter tires aren't recommended on hot asphalt. Noisy too. Besides, streets got plowed soon enough and you'll be driving an AWD. I run all season, have AWD and never been stuck. Biggest problem is it's a much heavier car than a stang and will slide a lotttttt further in snow or ice. (First time you drive on icy streets, wear a diper). Doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

If you modify the exhaust, may not be able to get extended warranty (if that would ever be considered). 

2013 is one of the years that are listed as having problems. 2014 is a much better year.

As for the battery, been discussed here before. Don't remember what the conclusion was, think it was ok. Do a search in the forum.

a group 65 battery will fit just fine. look for the highest cca rating you can find. among agms, odyssey is king.

i don't think they use the R batteries in 2011+ .

https://www.mactgarage.com/gen-1-5-ford-edge-capacities-and-sp

IF winter isnt too harsh, you can do well with Michelin crossclimate 2's. excellent driving response and weather handling.

If winter is harsh, Nokian Hakkapeliitta is top notch. bridgestone tires are great until they hit 50% then they are more like all seasons.

numerous all weather/3peak tires out there that are quite good also.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W