Performance brake and tire package

STBEAST

It's amazing how many YouTube Edge St reviews there are, and how many skip over the difference the optional Performance Brake and Tire package makes. The reason I post this is all the bashing it gets for not being of true ST heritage. But that option package turns the Edge St into a whole different animal. The braking and handling characteristics are so significantly improved over the base tires & brakes. I do live in a warmer climate where summer tires are somewhat more common, and I know that the Pirelli PZeros are all but worthless in freezing/snow areas of the country. 

But this optional package literally makes the Edge ST into a true performance vehicle. The braking response and stopping power, coupled with the sticky 21" PZeros is nothing shy of awesome. 

Edited by STBEAST

I agree.  The only reason I didn't get it on my 22 ST was the lack of a spare tire.  I have read that you possibly can get one and it will fit, but that was not the case with the 2017 Fusion plug in hybrid.  Even if you could find one that worked, it wouldn't fit in the trunk.  

On 1/28/2024 at 4:04 PM, Davidoo said:

I agree.  The only reason I didn't get it on my 22 ST was the lack of a spare tire.  I have read that you possibly can get one and it will fit, but that was not the case with the 2017 Fusion plug in hybrid.  Even if you could find one that worked, it wouldn't fit in the trunk.  

You can absolutely fit the factory spare on the Edge ST with the performance brake package. I've done it.

• Like 1

Good stuff to know. I was actually thinking about going to the all-season version of the P Zero when the time comes. Even though I live in a warmer climate, I didn't realize how limited they are in colder weather. They stick like glue on a nice summer day, but on a recent trip up to northern California in December the temp was down in the 30's and I could tell the difference.

Probably all but worthless in snow. 

The Fun Factor is temperature dependent for sure!

Edited by STBEAST

I went with Michelins to get a treadwear warranty.  Those Pzero’s had great traction in the heat which the Michelins do not, but the Pzero’s only lasted 24,000 and the Michelins are currently at 32k and probably have another 5-6k before time to replace.