Just purchased a used 2020 ST, and have a couple of questions

Rchalk

New to the forum.  I just bought a 2020 ST, in "Rapid Red" with 28K miles on it ($25,800 - good deal?) which has the 401A package and the Performance Brake/tire package.  When I look at the order list, it says the car should have heated steering wheel, but on the window sticker it does not, and the car does not have this feature.  Can anyone explain?

Also would like to know of any recommended maintenance items that might not be clearly covered in the owners manual, and any general suggestions about operating the vehicle.  Thanks everyone - I am looking forward to learning more about this fun car!

1 hour ago, Rchalk said:

New to the forum.  I just bought a 2020 ST, in "Rapid Red" with 28K miles on it ($25,800 - good deal?) which has the 401A package and the Performance Brake/tire package.  When I look at the order list, it says the car should have heated steering wheel, but on the window sticker it does not, and the car does not have this feature.  Can anyone explain?

Also would like to know of any recommended maintenance items that might not be clearly covered in the owners manual, and any general suggestions about operating the vehicle.  Thanks everyone - I am looking forward to learning more about this fun car!

Changing brake fluid at 3 years or 30,000 miles. I was a little surprised when I read that in the maintenance schedule. I checked with the dealership that has serviced the vehicle since new (where I bought it) and the service has not been performed, so I'm taking mine in today at a little over 3 years and 44,000 miles. It would be nice if they didn't charge me since it wasn't done prior to resale on a Gold Certified used car. We'll see.

I don't have an explanation, but on my 2021 St, it had the 401A and performance brake and tire package. It did have the heated steering wheel. In 2021 the Edge came with the new 12" touchscreen, so it is different than the 2020. Make a post to the Ford Edge Forum, you will get a lot more info.

On 3/23/2024 at 4:30 AM, Rchalk said:

Heated steering wheel was optional on the ST (for 2020), part of the cold weather package (with all weather floor mats and windshield wiper de-icer).

Heated steering wheel is only standard on the Titanium. I got one to add paddle shifters on my FWD 2019 SEL, I might add the controller for the steering wheel, I live in the desert but those 40 degree mornings the heated seats are nice.

2021 changed that and it was included with 401a as the other poster states.

Edited by dabangsta