Longer OEM antenna for Ford Edge

I'm looking in to a longer antenna, the stock is only 11 inches, I have seen a few on the street that look identical just longer, VW and Mazda uses them, along with many other cars, but wondering if this may fit, thread and length of inserts may be different...

It seems that is a bad in the area and we may need to improve reception in some way, all cars are getting the same problems...and longer antenna definitely will help a little bit.

I took Saturday the car to the dealer, and even while they did not find anything wrong with the radio, they will replace it, but wondering if I may have the same problem again...

Satellite is not an option for me anymore, quality of sound is all about for me and it really sucks, and on top they filed for bankruptcy recently, not sure if they will provide service in the near future anymore, but honestly and with all due respect, I hope not, as the way it is now for me is a rip off, better change hands to someone who really cares about sound quality instead, even if cost is higher...

Anybody had tried any longer antenna with success...

I-95 overpasses, cloudy days or trees won't cut mine out, what willl? Bank and gas station canopies. Other than those, my Area 38 bumps just fine!

Mine does, not with a tree, but with a overpass, under the roof of the parking lot, I have to go under the building to get my parking spot, and it does cut, about the bankrupcy there are too many ways of interpret whatever is happening, to me they will go down sooner or later, read below, if this is not close to a bankrupcy not sure then what is:

"...February 17, 2009 · Liberty Media Corp. will invest $530 million in Sirius XM Radio Inc., fending off a likely bankruptcy for the satellite radio company and blocking a bid by a rival, Dish Network Corp. CEO Charlie Ergen, to take control of Sirius.

Sirius had warned it could file for bankruptcy as early as Tuesday if it could not successfully negotiate with its debt holders. Sirius XM Radio has 20 million subscribers, who use the service to listen to sports, music and talk, including Howard Stern's show.

Ergen holds much of the batch of debt that had come due Tuesday and had offered capital infusions and a restructuring of the loans in return for control of the company. Sirius Chief Executive Mel Karmazin rejected that offer and appears to have found an alternative in time to stave off a Chapter 11 filing.

Sirius shares were up 7 cents, or 69 percent, at 18 cents in morning trading.

As part of the deal announced Tuesday, Liberty will provide a $280 million senior secured loan to Sirius, $250 million of which will be funded on Tuesday. Sirius will use the proceeds of the loan to repay $171.6 million of its maturing 2.5 percent convertible notes that had been due. The rest will be used for general corporate purposes.

The loan from Liberty bears a 15 percent interest rate and matures in December 2012.

The second phase of Liberty's investment provides another loan of $150 million to Sirius XM. Liberty has also agreed to offer to buy up to $100 million of the loans outstanding under Sirius XM's existing credit facilities.

In exchange, Liberty will get 12.5 million shares of preferred stock convertible into 40 percent of Sirius' common shares, and two seats on the company's board. The company said it expects Liberty Chairman John Malone and President and Chief Executive Greg Maffei to join the Sirius board..."

You can read more about that if you do a search...also consider than mainly the customers they have now are the new car owners which subscription is free, like me, that will not renew it after, and according to some statistics only the 18% does, also this 530 millions was loaned at a 15% interest, that is a huge sum of money, not sure if they were not able to survive by themselves now, how they will pay those interests, and be solvent, IMO just a miracle could save them...I will not bet on that horse sorry...the best I will do is to get a 3 or 4 month renewal period to see...

Sirius shares were up 7 cents, or 69 percent, at 18 cents in morning trading.

As part of the deal announced Tuesday, Liberty will provide a $280 million senior secured loan to Sirius, $250 million of which will be funded on Tuesday. Sirius will use the proceeds of the loan to repay $171.6 million of its maturing 2.5 percent convertible notes that had been due. The rest will be used for general corporate purposes.

The loan from Liberty bears a 15 percent interest rate and matures in December 2012.

The second phase of Liberty's investment provides another loan of $150 million to Sirius XM. Liberty has also agreed to offer to buy up to $100 million of the loans outstanding under Sirius XM's existing credit facilities.

In exchange, Liberty will get 12.5 million shares of preferred stock convertible into 40 percent of Sirius' common shares, and two seats on the company's board. The company said it expects Liberty Chairman John Malone and President and Chief Executive Greg Maffei to join the Sirius board..."

You can read more about that if you do a search...also consider than mainly the customers they have now are the new car owners which subscription is free, like me, that will not renew it after, and according to some statistics only the 18% does, also this 530 millions was loaned at a 15% interest, that is a huge sum of money, not sure if they were not able to survive by themselves now, how they will pay those interests, and be solvent, IMO just a miracle could save them...I will not bet on that horse sorry...the best I will do is to get a 3 or 4 month renewal period to see...

Subscription rates are going up in March I believe is what I read. That should help some. A little hard to understand the reason they can't make a profit with 20 million customers. Sounds like something only thr government can pull off.

I really hope they start addressing the uneven quality of sound from one station to another. I'm sure they are losing a lot of business for this reason. With hard drive becoming more common, this could hurt them also.

. A little hard to understand the reason they can't make a profit with 20 million customers.

Maybe it was paying Oprah and martha stewart massive money for their names, as they have proven they do not bring in subscribers, as they certainly add no content since they really never appear on their own shows - Oprah was a HUGE bust. at least with howard stern and is 500 million, certainly to much payout no doubt, he has proven to bring in subscribers and have fresh content. Oh... and I think putting satellites in space is pretty costly. but no doubt it is a bloated company.

Going on topic again, I will see if the problem get solved somewhat with the new ordered antenna, a 16" one while I recevie it tomorrow. BTW today was not that bad, if not, then I will see what I decide for the future, for now a new radio will be installed next week, courtesy of Ford Motor Company, and for sure the satellite will be the last option, maybe I need to begin to burn CDs...LOL...