Recalls for 2018 2.0 eco boost 43k

No, there is not a recall, customer satisfaction program, extended coverage, or anything other than the TSB for the coolant intrusion issue. There is only a TSB...which gives dealers guidelines on various indicators and tests, and if under the factory warranty or extended warranty, it is covered, else it is on the owner to pay up.

I think the latest TSB is 19-2346 (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169807-0001.pdf) the biggest item is of course the replacement long block and 13.3 to 15 hours labor.

This issue - which seems to impact a range of ecoboost motors - is the result of design flaws with the block.  My wife bought an escape with the 1.5 in it and this motor has had 2 short blocks replaced (1 by us - under warranty) and a new head - also under warranty.  I have already started talking to her about making a decision about that car before the esp runs out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, garycrist said:

I have often wondered if engineers received trips to Hawaii for making stupid

design flaws to shorten the life of vehicles. It is too bad we have devolved into

a throw-away culture without pride in workmanship! 

There are certainly bonuses when cost cutting measures are created.

• Haha 1