2010 Edge wires to taillight assemblies.

I have a 2010 Edge Limited that I am installing 2011 Edge taillight assemblies in.

Do the wires to the taillights run down one side of the vehicle to one taillight and then crossover to the other ?

Or are there separate wiring harnesses running to each taillight ?

Trying to find a common place where to hook up my 2 into 3 converter without having to run new wires from left to right.

Thanks.

Edited by 1004ron

Rear park-stop-turn lamp assembly wiring connectors in the 2010 Edge Wiring resource show involvement with Main Body Harness 14A005, which is depicted as having trunks running down both the left and right sides of the vehicle.

Attached as PDF documents are the park-stop-turn wiring diagram, left & right inside rearward views showing labeled 14A005 harness trunks, and left & right inside forward views showing the unlabeled 14A005 harness trunks running at floor level...

Good luck!

Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - 14A005 Harness Location, Inside Right Rearward View - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - 14A005 Harness Location, Outside Rear View - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - 14A005 Harness Location, Inside Left Rearward View - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - 14A005 Harness Location, Inside Right Forward View - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf Rear Park-Stop-Turn Lamps - 14A005 Harness Location, Inside Left Forward View - Wiring Diagram - 2010 Edge.pdf

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

Thanks Haz. I was ready for two mains running from the front. I will install the 2 way to 3 way converter on the left side.

It will only involve running one new wire from right to left and two new wires from left back to right. 

Hodgie

• Like 1

I got it done. The 2011 taillight assemblies fit my 2010 perfectly. I now have red running and brake lights. The emergency 4-way are flashing red.

Bonus is the 2011 have two 3157 bulbs, the 2010 only has one.

I now have amber turn signals on the rear.

I will post a bit of a how to with photos and videos when I get a chance.

Hodgie

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So I got the 2011 taillight assemblies installed in my 2010 Edge. They were $26 CAD each from the auto wrecker. 

The other purchase was the 2 into 3 converter from Amazon for $21.87 CAD

https://www.amazon.ca/Convert-Trailer-Connectors-Converter-Electrical/dp/B0BZJT39Z9

2010 Taillight.

image.thumb.jpeg.4cf5eacdecff2f029a523f57edb12dd4.jpeg

2011 Taillight

image.thumb.jpeg.54f01a8ba441e4c4cfad4fb2c3b7d815.jpeg

The 2010 had one 3157 bulb. The 2011 has two 3157 bulbs in the red portion and one 3457

bulb in the amber portion. So triple the lighting power to the rear. I will be buying both

red and amber LED's to install in the 2011 lights.

I placed the 2 to 3 wire converter on the left side behind the liftgate actuator cover, there is lots of room

in there. The right side has a speaker that is in the way.

You need to run a new wire from the right side turn signal wire to the converter. Then you need to run

2 new wires from the converter back to the right taillight assembly. One for the turn signal bulb and one

for the brake light bulbs. Simple wiring but time consuming as I solder and heat shrink all connections.

"Never time to do it right, always time to do it again."

In the rear I now have amber turn indicators, red running lights, red brake lights and red

4 way flashers. Well worth the time to do it.

Edited by Hodgie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - UPDATE . . . . .

The converter worked for 3 days and then crapped out.  I could not get rid of the hyper flashing.

Removed it and went back to OEM wiring for the red brake and turn bulbs. Used one LED and one 

incandescent bulb per assembly to keep the LED’s from hyper flashing. Ran two hot wires from the 

front turn signals to the two amber 3457NA bulbs in the lenses in the 2011 assemblies. Ran 16/2 in 

split loom from the engine compartment under the drivers side of the car. For the front part of the 

run there was a spare hole in the fuel line supports that worked out just fine. Then above the rear axle 

on the left side was a rubber wire plug that allowed access to the rear hatch area and the taillight wiring.

The result looks good with one incandescent bulb and one LED bulb in the red part of the lens and one 

amber 3457NA incandescent bulb in the clear turn/backup lens. The flashing amber overpowers the 

flashing red lights. My goal was met for more visibility at the rear when a turn is indicated.

Hodgie

• Thanks 1