start car after lost FOB

No, it cannot be started without the fob. The fob doesn't need to work to unlock the doors with the buttons or proximity sensor, or even inside proximity sensor. There is a spot in the center console you can place the fob with the key ring forward and the buttons up to bypass the proximity if the battery is dead in the fob.

the fobs seem like a sham to me. i like having an emergency key onboard my 2011 in case i lose the other one. now it is more complicated. i am thinking an emergency fob with a power switch .. so you could hide it in the vehicle.

2 hours ago, gonesail said:

i am thinking an emergency fob with a power switch .. so you could hide it in the vehicle.

You can hide a fob with the battery removed so the vehicle would not recognize it. Then, when needed, to start the vehicle just insert the fob (without the battery) in the backup slot in the center console and the vehicle will start and run.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, omar302 said:

You can hide a fob with the battery removed so the vehicle would not recognize it. Then, when needed, to start the vehicle just insert the fob (without the battery) in the backup slot in the center console and the vehicle will start and run.

OK thanks. sounds like a good solution.