Moon Roof "Comfort" Position

When U touch & release open button on moon roof, it opens to what OM refers to as “comfort” position which I recall to be 6-8”. Push/release again to fully open. From open position, a push/release of close button moves roof forward to “Express close” position, again 6-8". To fully close, push & hold button. I recall all this :headscratch: from when weather was warmer. Currently my “comfort” position is 16”. My "Express close" position is 7". Ford service writer tells me they tried two Edges on lot & they both work like mine. He also contacted Ford & was told that mine is working correctly. He’s not quite ready to believe this because he trusts what I tell him. (Is that refreshing or what!? :woohoo: ) I told him I would check with other owners to see what they experience. In thread "Edge Vista Roof Problems," member button's post #7 mentions having his re-initialized. I'm guessing there's a control module that can be flashed to reprogram it. U’r replies will confirm or deny my recollection. If I’m correct I’ll visit dealer again with U'r input. If not I'll call & tell him what I've found. Thanks in advance.

Edited by dadrett

It does open to about 18" on the first touch. It closes till about 6-8" on first touch. That is normal operation. Not sure about your 6-8" inches on first opening touch.

The OM states ".....The "comfort" position helps to alleviate rumbling wind noise which may happen in the vehicle with the roof fully opened." Fully open for me is 22 1/2" inches. Sixteen isn't that far from fully open & at highway speed allows "rumbling" wind noise & turbulence (if I had any hair left it would screw my do :hysterical2:). Is it possible that these control modules (if that's what they are) can get flaky :wacko: & lose their settings?

Edited by dadrett

The OM states ".....The "comfort" position helps to alleviate rumbling wind noise which may happen in the vehicle with the roof fully opened." Fully open for me is 22 1/2" inches. Sixteen inches isn't that far from fully open and at highway speed allows rumbling wind noise. Is it possible that these control modules (if that's what they are) can get flaky and lose their settings?

I think that it's more of a mis-interpretation of what Ford calls a comfort zone. I think all of our BAMRs are performing correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

you know what would be great, a wiring mod to bypass that whole comfort position stop when you go to close the roof. That way, 1 touch just closes the BAMR, no need to push to close, then hold it to close last 6-8", which is hella annoying.

Not sure if, like we did with the wiring mod to activate the LED lights in the BAMR control, you can even do it with some sort of wiring mod or if it is hard coded into the BAMR brain circuit board or car system somewhere and not modifiable.

you know what would be great, a wiring mod to bypass that whole comfort position stop when you go to close the roof. That way, 1 touch just closes the BAMR, no need to push to close, then hold it to close last 6-8", which is hella annoying.

Not sure if, like we did with the wiring mod to activate the LED lights in the BAMR control, you can even do it with some sort of wiring mod or if it is hard coded into the BAMR brain circuit board or car system somewhere and not modifiable.

Seems somewhere in my meanderings, I read that MKX has moon roof feature that backs it up if it bumps something like U'r kid's neck who's showing off to his buddies by yelling out the moon roof. :hysterical: I'll check MKX OM. I've got a link to OMs somewhere. Why here it is now! :speedie: It was over in one of my other posts. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp

U can check too, if'n U want. False alarm, :banghead: it's the MKZ has "bounce back" feature.

Edited by dadrett

Seems somewhere in my meanderings, I read that MKX has some such feature that "backs up if it bumps into something" like U'r kid's neck who's showing off to his buddies by yelling out the moon roof. :hysterical: I'll check MKX OM. I've got a link to OMs somewhere. Why here it is now! :speedie: It was over in one of my other posts. https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp U can check too, if'n U want. False alarm, :banghead: it's the MKZ has the "bounce back" feature.

yeah, but how does that get us to where we want to go and bypass that whole stop when closing function