Mickalo Posted January 2, 2025 Report Share Posted January 2, 2025 Hello. We have a 2019 edge Titanium when using the intelligent Access to unlock doors is this suppose to work on a door handle or just the drivers side door ? At the moment ares seems to only work on the drivers side door handle. TIA Mike Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dabangsta Posted January 2, 2025 Report Share Posted January 2, 2025 All four handles on your 2019 have sensors for touch lock/unlock, it should work from any door. It should also sense it at the liftgate and allow you to use the button to open it without unlocking the entire vehicle. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
edgeidiot Posted January 3, 2025 Report Share Posted January 3, 2025 This happens on my 2020 Edge once in a awhile. When your battery reaches a status of low charge, you should see a message on your SYNC3 screen. Normally, the accessories (like the SYNC3 system) remain on until you open a door. In the low charge mode, the accessories turn off when the engine is turned off. Are you experiencing the Stop/Start function is also not working? To reset, all you need to do is to recharge your battery. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mickalo Posted January 3, 2025 Author Report Share Posted January 3, 2025 Yes I've had that message pop on my sync screen a couple of times. No problems with starting in our current sub zero weather here battery seems to crank over no problem. Going in for oil change service this coming week going to have them test battery. I always turn off the start/stop with the switch by the park barke. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kenneththomas1 Posted yesterday at 06:19 PM Report Share Posted yesterday at 06:19 PM That low battery message is the culprit. Get the battery tested and replaced if needed. It fixes the intermittent access issue. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
STBEAST Posted 19 hours ago Report Share Posted 19 hours ago Not trying to get off track with this thread, but how often should I change my battery? I have a 2024 Edge (manufactured 08/23). Also is this something I can do without taking it to a dealer. I am pretty mechanical and can do it no problem but is there anything I should know. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
1004ron Posted 12 hours ago Report Share Posted 12 hours ago @STBEAST I estimate that you have two or more years left on your original battery. My recommendation is to get a battery health tester or take it to a place like Autozone at least once a year to test the battery and that will give you advanced notice of when replacement is due before you experience a slow crank. Then search the forum for the option to upsize the battery and reset the BMS when a new battery is installed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dabangsta Posted 6 hours ago Report Share Posted 6 hours ago 12 hours ago, STBEAST said: Not trying to get off track with this thread, but how often should I change my battery? I have a 2024 Edge (manufactured 08/23). Also is this something I can do without taking it to a dealer. I am pretty mechanical and can do it no problem but is there anything I should know. Thanks You should get plenty of clues before it will leave you stranded. As an extension of this thread, I noticed that when locking and unlocking my vehicle many times without starting it (I was helping someone move, from a distant parking spot, with a lot of people around) that eventually only the drivers door would lock/unlock with the proximity sensors. When you stop the engine running and remain in the car in delay exit mode, and the radio starts shutting down to save the battery. When FordPass says that it is disabling remote access (this can happen after a few months of it sitting, but if you drive it regularly and get it, then it is getting close). As mentioned, a good test (meaning they also charge it first) that shows SoC, CCA, resistance, SoH, and voltage will help determine that. I pushed an AGM battery down to 200 CCA (a 760 CCA rated battery) and used it for 6 months, because I had a jump box, I was the only driver (no wife or kids), it was around town. Once the wife took it back over, and we went on vacation, I replaced it. It started the vehicle fine, but auto start/stop was always disabled, couldn't listen to the radio with the engine off, and every 2 weeks remote access was disabled. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.