lights MORE LIGHTS

So, i read all 17 pages in this section and couldn't find anybody that whined about this, so i will. I saw the discussions about the vista roof control lights and im going to do that, but the one thing that makes me sad is that only the drivers window buttons light up. In my 95 taurus, every window button lights up, not just the drivers. The first time we drove the car at night i looked over and saw that the lock/unlock button lights up but not the window! I quickly did a check of the back doors and no lights there either. I asked the dealer and they just looked at me and said nope, sorry. SO my question is, are there leds behind these other buttons that just need power? Am i the only person that thinks this is dumb? Also as a side note, i noticed that there is a little translucent square on the back of the rear view mirror that faces to the front of the car. Its not a button, but it seems like it might be a sensor of some sort. What is it?

if you look back threw the topics on the BAMR vista control roof light mod, there was some further discussion on other switches that could be altered.. IIRC, those others could not given their wiring diagram and the simple fact they did not have bulbs built in (like the BAMR controls do). also IIRC, you could buy some MKX switches there do have lightening but then you have those off colored switches.. some of this is just from memory, but a few of us did investigate it.

if you look back threw the topics on the BAMR vista control roof light mod, there was some further discussion on other switches that could be altered.. IIRC, those others could not given their wiring diagram and the simple fact they did not have bulbs built in (like the BAMR controls do). also IIRC, you could buy some MKX switches there do have lightening but then you have those off colored switches.. some of this is just from memory, but a few of us did investigate it.

When i read through that thread, the only other switches that were discussed were the window "lockout" switch, the mirror knob, and the seat memory buttons. Nobody ever mentioned the passenger window switches.

Turn the Window lock off, the lights should come on then.

WOW, OK now i feel dumb. The first time i rode passenger was at night, and i just noticed that they didn't light up, but i didn't try to put the window down. When i mentioned it to the dealer the very next day they told me that they just didn't light up, so i got irritated. yesterday i tried to put the window down but it was locked so we unlocked it and i put the window down. Just went out now and took a look and sure as shite they light up. I guess that's why nobody else ever whined about it, lol.

nice! :)

I guess that's good to know. Our last vehicle before this MKX was an Explorer. We had issues with the window motors and controls from day one until the day we traded it in. I can just see myself freaking out and getting pissed about nothing if I accidentally engaged the lock and saw those lights go out :)