Help!!!! Brushed Aluminum Panel

Help, I have 2 scratches on my brushed aluminum dash panel. I'm looking for any ideas on how to (if possible) remove or buff the scratches out. I was thinking about using brasso but don't want to cause further damage. If anybody had this same problem or has any ideas let me know. Love my edge but some details of the interior where made on the cheap side including my problem. Thanks for your help!

Help, I have 2 scratches on my brushed aluminum dash panel. I'm looking for any ideas on how to (if possible) remove or buff the scratches out. I was thinking about using brasso but don't want to cause further damage. If anybody had this same problem or has any ideas let me know. Love my edge but some details of the interior where made on the cheap side including my problem. Thanks for your help!

Your best bet is to replace it, get one on eBay the other day I posted one link ot an auction for one and it was not that expensive...

this is an idea, not sure if it will work or not or make matter worse, someone else might chime in... but what about that micro scratch remover product you use on your car body paint? Mcguires makes some called Scratch X... I have had it do some amazing things on paint repair and wonder, since it is at a micro level and does not damage other paint around the scratch or swirl, it would work for you also.

Edited by Lex Talionis

The scratch remover may work for glossy surfaces, but not for anodized aluminum, once you begin to apply it, the anodized begind to fade, and you will have a shinny spot, also if the scratch crossed some of the white lines, you are screwed as the lines will go as well...

This was the first auction I found, but we have seen others, and for 15.00 I would give it a shot, of course if they were like new, and not with the scratches, like this one....

The other option is to get these trim sets some guys sell as aftermarket, in wood, silver, black, etc...there are several manufacturers (or sellers) that will get you a whole set, the drawback is that they are not cheap, and honestly I do not like any other I have seen as to go for them, maybe the wood, but that doesn't go with the Edge at all, IMO...maybe a couple of chromed grills for the side vents but nothing else...

BTW the last scratch remover I got was 10.00 plus tax, so any scratch remover will cost you, they are not cheap...

The scratch remover may work for glossy surfaces, but not for anodized aluminum, once you begin to apply it, the anodized begind to fade, and you will have a shinny spot, also if the scratch crossed some of the white lines, you are screwed as the lines will go as well...

This was the first auction I found, but we have seen others, and for 15.00 I would give it a shot, of course if they were like new, and not with the scratches, like this one....

The other option is to get these trim sets some guys sell as aftermarket, in wood, silver, black, etc...there are several manufacturers (or sellers) that will get you a whole set, the drawback is that they are not cheap, and honestly I do not like any other I have seen as to go for them, maybe the wood, but that doesn't go with the Edge at all, IMO...maybe a couple of chromed grills for the side vents but nothing else...

BTW the last scratch remover I got was 10.00 plus tax, so any scratch remover will cost you, they are not cheap...

I would advise EXTREME CAUTION with the scratch removers. I have a similar situation with the panel that has the cupholders and shift lever. The Scratch X helps on light scratches, but as noted above, you will leave a shiny spot if you rub too hard. I tried another scratch remover and actually made worse scratches than I started with. I priced the piece from my Ford dealer, and they told me $217.00 for the one piece. I am living with the scratches for now.

Thanks guys for the advise, but I still don't know what to do. I may have to live with it or take a chance with a scratch remover. It just amazes me how easy it was to obtain these scratches :angry:

Anymore ideas please let me know. Right now I'm leaning on trying the scratch remover on a small area

I have seen some Edges with the white lines running across the brushed aluminum face plate but mine is solid brushed aluminum....no white lines. Is this a model/year change or what. This is really bothering me :headscratch:

not model year change as much, IIRC, the difference between models.. the Limited has solid brushed while the lower models have the lines