Our Edges have built in lint traps

Lex Talionis

Anyone else notice how much.... funk.. gets caught up in those nylon/felt window glass 'debris catchers'? (Not even sure what they are called)

When your sitting in your Edge and look at the where the glass meets the door trim panel ever notice how much funk is trapped in there. I have never seen it like this on another vehicle I have owned. They are like lint traps. Maybe my cars in the past had the trim panel up higher and just hid this ugliness from view, but in the Edge it is like a 2 foot long perfect line of debris and funk you can see since the inner trim panel is mounted lower than these 'debris catchers' so from the inside, you see the scrubbers at work AND the funk they have caught. And, since it is down lower than flush level, it is really not that easy to get down in there and dig that crap out (unless maybe you remember to roll you window all the way down and flick it out).

Seems like a bit of a design flaw in that you should simply not see these, they should be hidden from view as no matter how nice you clean up and detail your car.... there is that funk behind the glass on display for you to look at and admire.

Understand what I am talking about or is a photo required?

cleaning is easy enough.. just should not even have to do it. and I always forget until after the car is washed and dialed in and then I get in and I am like .. DAMNNNNN that again

while walking the dog a few days back, I started to look into car doors and I did not see 1 single design that allowed you to even see those nylon lint trap scrubbers. on all the cars, the inner door molded plastic was up higher than and covered them, so you would never even see them.

• 2 weeks later...

That happen in all cars, not only Ford, maybe in other cars you do not see those black straps as they are below level, but if you roll down the wondows you will see them full ofcrap as well, that is why they are there, to remove the crap from the glass while you roll down the windows, like a brush....

• 2 weeks later...
yeah, that pretty much what I said in both posts.. nevertheless, they could have made the inner door panel higher by 1 inch and covered it. outta sight, outta mind

I'm thinking if these wipers are meant to clean gunk off the window, then it is a good thing you have access to clean them, otherwise they would just fill up with stuff and stop working?

I've only owned mine for a week, but haven't noticed a problem yet.