Paint issues ?

I had a 09 Limited order took extra time due to shut downs. Well I am really confused about how things can pass QC . I notice several areas on my Dark Ink Blue that I was not too happy with.

like the tailgate area thin paint you can see the reddish in the radius around the License plate.

the front passenger door had faded clear coat and you can sander swirl marks in the paint.

but 2 two weeks for the Dealer fix those areas and I picked it up and seen in some bright sun light behind ALL 4 DOOR HANDLES is the same :censored: thin paint . I am not sure if I should call Ford direct or call the dealer that gave me a hard time about the quality .. That's another story...

I only had the edge for a month and 2 weeks it was getting fix? :cry:

post-5808-1242577168_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMAN

Damn. Looks like your Edge was used as a guinea pig of some sort :angry: . No issues with my blazing copper except for how the paint is not as reflective on the panel around the lic plate.

I'd def would be extremely upset if my Edge took longer than expected only to get that in return.

Damn. Looks like your Edge was used as a guinea pig of some sort :angry: . No issues with my blazing copper except for how the paint is not as reflective on the panel around the lic plate.

I'd def would be extremely upset if my Edge took longer than expected only to get that in return.

My Edge is black and it looks like orange peel surface around the license plate area. Poor Quality

SMOKIN EDGE

search around you will see many people reporting paint issues.. I even stated that mine is the worst paint job I have ever seen on a car - and I paid extra for my color! you can see in spots, hidden mind you, the primer (under hood and back in the boot area). I had a new hood installed since there was a spot with no paint and it was rusted. I can show you a dozens places with contamination under the paint on my car. you can also, as has been shown here, variation in paint color from the bumpers to the car.. ugh, this is by far my biggest complaint.

search around you will see many people reporting paint issues.. I even stated that mine is the worst paint job I have ever seen on a car - and I paid extra for my color! you can see in spots, hidden mind you, the primer (under hood and back in the boot area). I had a new hood installed since there was a spot with no paint and it was rusted. I can show you a dozens places with contamination under the paint on my car. you can also, as has been shown here, variation in paint color from the bumpers to the car.. ugh, this is by far my biggest complaint.

Nearly every car made w/ plastic bumpers has a paint difference between the bumpers and metal. The paint adheres differently to different materials. My Maxima was the same way....so is my Edge...and my neighbors Z4

Nearly every car made w/ plastic bumpers has a paint difference between the bumpers and metal. The paint adheres differently to different materials. My Maxima was the same way....so is my Edge...and my neighbors Z4

hmm.. never had it on my VW or Acura.. and if it is as common as you say, I have never seen it nor noticed it as badly on the Edge. it is blatant difference.

its in the paint I tried wax an you could feel if it was over spray . Plus its never the same when a small body shop paints it . Never as hard as the factory.

Its not like its a new color or a new style. I am left speechless. And i notice the same orange peel, its not a smooth paint but I can live with that ..(not really for the price I paid)

You figured if they want loyalty in their customers they would produce a good product all around.

Edited by KMAN

We all shopped for Edge's and know you paid a bunch for a limited. And I am sure because you ordered it you did not get a 'deal' of any kind. So, for what you paid, if it were me I would be mad, like on fire mad. First of all, how can they expect someone to take delivery of a mess like that? Second, what body shop are they using that they cannot match NEW paint?

I had a Chevy Blazer ZR2, the offroad one with the metallic grey fender flares and bumpers and the paint had a flat finish. I bought it used and a few years later had the damaged bumper replaced and painted and it looked factory the shop did such a good job. If they could replicate that, any bodyshop should be able to computer match blue paint and put it on right. And God forbid you ever have an accident, then what? Will they paint it yellow? After my accident last year they had to repaint 70% of my Blazer. I hope you know of a better bodyshop if you ever need one personally.

I am lucky that my paint looks great. I bought an AWD strippo model and I cringe when I make the payment. I would break down and cry while writing the check if I had a paint job like yours.

Call Ford, get help. Don't stand for this. Ask for a new paint job or new car. Kick someone's ***.

Here is one more shot.... Sent these 2 pictures offf to the salesman that worked with us. I was told sometimes when they play around with your car it sometimes makes it worse.

I know after I washed it from getting it back on Saturday for the other 10 issues NONE of them were mechanical there is over spray that I will clean off with a clay bar.

I think the dealership is thinking I am a big :censored: :censored: and I don't like to :beatdeadhorse: but when you see the Canadian price tag.. Am I expecting too much ?

post-5808-1242744529_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMAN

No. You bought a new car with a new car price tag and it should have a new car paint job. If they do not make it right immediately you need to contact Ford. With the current economic climate, last thing they need is you telling people how unhappy you are with your new car.

And stay away from that bodyshop. They obviously do not care what their work looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting to the point that I Don't want to wash my Edge anymore.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: And one of the reasons I bought a Brand New car was so I didn't hear "Well you are buying a USED car" Am I looking to hard ?

post-5808-1243999509_thumb.jpg

I am getting to the point that I Don't want to wash my Edge anymore.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: And one of the reasons I bought a Brand New car was so I didn't hear "Well you are buying a USED car" Am I looking to hard ?

I def agree w/ Ig & Ak. That shouldn't be tolerated.

nope, 2007.

I was talking to another Ford Dealer that has their own body shop that its 4 years or 60 000 Ks for Defects like yours and mine. Monday i am calling the Ford hot line and talk to someone there that make me happier than what I am

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 MKX that also has horrible paint. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The paint is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to problems with this vehicle. I will NEVER buy another Ford/Lincoln product ever again! What junk you produce! You should be embarrassed!