2009 Ford Edge 4dr FWD SEL price???

jrace

New to the forum here so please don't thread crap me. I am looking to buy a 2009 Ford Edge 4dr FWD SEL

VIN: 2FMDK38C89BA64368 in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm wondering what I should pay for this vehicle. Right now the MSRP is at 33,620. and the dealer is willing to come off 2,000. on that. I have just started process of shopping around too, so I'm in no rush to make the purchase.

So, any insight you folks can provide on this process can be great. What do I need to look for. This will be my very first brand new car purchase.

New to the forum here so please don't thread crap me. I am looking to buy a 2009 Ford Edge 4dr FWD SEL

VIN: 2FMDK38C89BA64368 in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm wondering what I should pay for this vehicle. Right now the MSRP is at 33,620. and the dealer is willing to come off 2,000. on that. I have just started process of shopping around too, so I'm in no rush to make the purchase.

So, any insight you folks can provide on this process can be great. What do I need to look for. This will be my very first brand new car purchase.

I just paid 30500 +TTL for a '09 AWD limited w/BASR & pwr gate, NY.

Here in Sioux Falls, the 09 EDGE SEL FWD fully loaded is selling for about $27,000. I got my fully loaded 09 AWD limited for $30,000. So $31,000 for an SEL FWD is way overpriced.

I talked with the sales person again yesterday evening and she is saying that the manager doesn't want to budge on the price of 31,600. I'll keep shopping around, or I may have to go in and talk to this guy myself.

I talked with the sales person again yesterday evening and she is saying that the manager doesn't want to budge on the price of 31,600. I'll keep shopping around, or I may have to go in and talk to this guy myself.

Go to edmunds.com or kbb.com and figure out the dealer invoice price. Add $600 to cover the advertising fees that Ford adds to the dealer invoice and that would be the low end of the good price scale. $500 more would be the top end unless there is a shortage of Edges at the dealer right now.

If you're serious - call the sales MANAGER and ask for a final price. Make sure you ask about the documentation fee - that can add several hundred and it's totally negotiable.

• 2 weeks later...