Sparse information

This is my first year for looking at the EDGE/MKX and I am dissapointed with the thin brochure. Were the previous years thin as well. Is Ford saving money or something?

If I were running the advertisement campaign I would offer a contest to EDGE/MKX owners to send in pics of their vehicle somewhere scenic, or being at a fun/interesting event, show it in action, etc. etc. The winners would get their pics used in ads and in the brochure, and maybe free gas/maint. or discounted accessories? Some of the pictures on this site are just as good if not better than the ones in the thin brochure.

Oh yeah, I've narrowed down my decision to a 2007 MKX with everything. Now the color choice (Black, Silver or Grey ... hmmm)

This is my first year for looking at the EDGE/MKX and I am dissapointed with the thin brochure. Were the previous years thin as well. Is Ford saving money or something?

If I were running the advertisement campaign I would offer a contest to EDGE/MKX owners to send in pics of their vehicle somewhere scenic, or being at a fun/interesting event, show it in action, etc. etc. The winners would get their pics used in ads and in the brochure, and maybe free gas/maint. or discounted accessories? Some of the pictures on this site are just as good if not better than the ones in the thin brochure.

Oh yeah, I've narrowed down my decision to a 2007 MKX with everything. Now the color choice (Black, Silver or Grey ... hmmm)

The older brochures are large & quite thick with a lot of photos & details.

I recently sent for one on the new Taurus & its a tiny matt finished that folds out to 3 sections. Not impressive to say the least. For me, the brochure is what builds the excitement for the car. After I can't stand it anymore, I start shopping. At this rate, I'll have my 07 MKX for some time. That's OK though because I like it.

There is a lot to see online. When shopping I used the internet to get the info and pics I needed and also bought a consumer reports on suv's-priceless info in there.

I do the internet research first & when I think its something I may concider for my next purchase, I send for the brochure. There's something special about the feel & smell of that glossy paper.

Agreed!

Funny tho, the MKX brochure has three or four times the pages. I guess it's the difference of a lux brand, but I dunno. I'm used to seeing more pics and pages in these things.

I'm going with a fully loaded GREY 2007 MKX once I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Edited by mk23666

• 2 years later...

Due to high cost of the brochures, dealerships are ordering very few. They and Ford expect many of you to go online and review details, build and price, etc.

Save a tree!

Not everybody looking for a car purchase is on line especially seniors, but maybe I am wrong?