Does your Edge Creak?

I just bought an '07 AWD SEL Plus with low miles (14K). I'm very excited about my Edge and really like except for the fuel pump whining and the fact that the whole vehicle seams to creak when I go over bumps.

For instance, when I pull into my driveway the whole cars creaks......it sounds like an old wooden sailing ship creaking as it gets pitched around on the waves.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just poor construction/design of the vehicle?

I just bought an '07 AWD SEL Plus with low miles (14K). I'm very excited about my Edge and really like except for the fuel pump whining and the fact that the whole vehicle seams to creak when I go over bumps.

For instance, when I pull into my driveway the whole cars creaks......it sounds like an old wooden sailing ship creaking as it gets pitched around on the waves.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just poor construction/design of the vehicle?

Hi gobucks. :D No, it is not poor construction or design. However, the noises you are hearing could be caused by a multitude fo problems (a few of which igcitng mentioned). Unfortunately, only someone who can examine the vehicle hands-on can diagnose the problem properly.

Your Edge should still be under the New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty (3 years/36,000 miles), so make an appointment for a service visit.

Let us know what they find out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I gotta say-I found a new 08 this past Feb languishing on a car lot and worried about buying it, but I did anyway, the price was too good to pass up and it only had 29 miles. I have not had any of the odd issues that so many of these threads are about, except the chrome wheels. I feel very lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My 2007 SEL awd does the same thing. Seems to be in the door latch area. Do you think they are covered if I'm above the 36K mileage?

Hi fmitchum. :D Do you have an ESP (Extended Service Plan)? If not, then as akirby stated, no.

If you do not have an ESP, the only way it will be covered is if the Dealership decides to take the bullet on their own. Never hurts to ask, but the answer will likely be no.

Good luck. :beerchug:

• 3 months later...

My used 2008 had some door creaks by the door latch area and all I did to correct it was to lube the door latch.

Use Krytox grease. That is the stuff that Ford recommended to repair creaks on the tailgate on a Ford Escape.

It worked for that concern, and it certainly worked for my Edge.

After it was lubed, it was super quiet. No more body creaks.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I hope you have found out why your Edge creaks and you will share with me. We bought a 2013 Edge and love how it handles and the features. However we are very disappointed with the vista panoramic roof. It squeaks at any speeds and the on rough roads it has a rattle. The squeak nearly drives me crazy, and the rattle sounds like the car is falling apart. We paid a lot of money for this car and feel it sounds like an old rattle trap at times. We took it to our dealership and of course the same old, same old...we cannot duplicate what you are saying is happening. And of course they have not had any anyone else with this complaint. They used silicone spray on the underside of the glass roof but it is very temporary squeak relief..maybe a day or so (squeak sounds like glass rubbing against rubber). We know the squeak is coming from the roof because if we open the roof the squeaking stops. I wish we had never decided to get this roof, even though I really like the roof. Think Ford should try to resolve this problem as I have read on Edge forums that Ford has Service bulletin TSB 07-16-11 regarding this problem. So they are aware of the problem. We are so frustrated and embarrassed when we have people in our vehicle and they ask what the noise is!