Bumper protector

Is there a rear bumper protector out there that covers the bumper and goes to the edge or has a lip that goes over and down the edge of it? My day started with seeing a good sized paint chip on the very edge of the bumper where the horizontal and vertical meet. The ones pictured in the threads here seem to miss that part, more centered. Saw one on a Pacifica today.

Thanks for any info you have.

Not the answer I was looking for. :)

Lex-in your opinion could one of those be applied close to the edge of the bumper or would that look rediculous? Thanks for your help. I am SO mad about that scratch.

I've been looking for something that looks like the one on the Murano but no luck so far.

That one is nice. If it is flexible any chance it would fit an Edge? Aren't most of them thin and pliable?

it is for an Edge.. but no way it would be pliable enough to bend over the lip curve along the curve at the same time and stay stuck down. no way. to protect the lip, a lip needs to be built into the design, for sure.

in the end, unless some company makes a specific one, the only chance is to find another auto makers - or oem for another car - that happens to fit the curve and have a lip.

http://www.nissanaccessories247.com/product.asp?PId=1669

This is the Nissan Murano one. I found it cheap so I am considering ordering it to experiment if it would fit. Bumpers look similar outside of the Murano being curvy. I have an email into them asking how thick and how flexible it is. And depending on how wide the lip is, will the RPS sensors be in the way.

Question-looking back at the older threads, I found the Bumper Saver. It looks nice and the way it fits would mostly cover the scratch I have if I also use some touchup paint. The aslauto.com site says to call-are they still having problems with it? Anyone know where else to get one if they are available?

I think another brand for another car is going to be the way to go. it is just a matter of someone here giving it a whirl. the Murano one looks like a decent choice of any. At that price, it is not a huge loss.

you 'could' walk up to a Murano on a lot with a piece of cardboard at night and trace the outline of the bumper, go cut it out and lay it up to the Edge and see how close the curve - and also length - really is in comparison. that should give some decent data before ordering.

the ASL is great. What I have before they went bad & stopped selling. Very thick and heavy duty no doubt. Sure, I would love the lip curve, but no doubt the ASL was the best of whats around. never heard here if they started selling again.

I will continue my research and hopefully come up with something good to share with everyone. There is an employee where I will be Friday morning for work that has a new Murano, I will look at hers. I might just order this one to get moving on it. Worth a try.

I snuck up on a Murano in the parking lot a few minutes ago. Kinda narrow back end. The CX-9 is built on the Edge base, so one for a CX-9 may fit if I can find one.

make a cardboard template of the top curve, width, length Edge bumper and carry it around :) whip it out whenever you see a possible candidate and compare

I did think to myself after I saw the scratch that it would have been a good idea, I have seen them on this forum. I was not even the one that scratched it but I have to figure out how to fix it because it will drive me insane to look at it. Next new Edge will get one.

This won't cover up an existing scratch, but what about the clear front end protector made by 3M? That would adhere to whichever part of the bumper you want to protect.

I did think to myself after I saw the scratch that it would have been a good idea, I have seen them on this forum. I was not even the one that scratched it but I have to figure out how to fix it because it will drive me insane to look at it. Next new Edge will get one.

You can get touch up kits at paintscratch.com - they work well.

IGCITNG, you and I think the same my friend. A bumper protector that wraps over the edge is where it's at! I bought a '07 Edge LTD 2 months ago, the bumper is perfect and I want to keep it that way. Too many used Edge's I went to look at had that edge of the bumper all chewed.

I'd love to hear/see your solution. Keep at it.

Well, I am an idiot. It was bound to happen. I should have had it covered before allowing it to be loaded Sunday. And I am obsessive because this is the first NEW car I have had since 1997. Anyway, I cannot believe Ford or someone has not made one that wraps.

I happened to run into a bunch of Muranos yesterday. They all had the stainless bumper protector and the bumper on the Murano is curved, so unless the rubber one is not formed in a curve I doubt it will work. Researching the sizes of the protectors, the Ford one is 42" long and the one for the Murano is only 37", so it would prob look goofy anyway. The Edge does have a very wide rear end, so I am going to experiment with minivan, large suv and Range Rover parts. A RR was parked next to me yesterday and the bumpers are similar. And the CX-9 comes with one, so getting an aftermarket one seems impossible also.

IGCITNG, you and I think the same my friend. A bumper protector that wraps over the edge is where it's at! I bought a '07 Edge LTD 2 months ago, the bumper is perfect and I want to keep it that way. Too many used Edge's I went to look at had that edge of the bumper all chewed.

I'd love to hear/see your solution. Keep at it.

I missed this post. I am sure it would fit because they are very similar vehicles. I personally would prefer a black rubber one.

Here is what I have found that I think would be a good fit.

http://www.bushwacker.com/bumper_protection.asp

Bushwacker has nice covers. If you watch the cars go by on their site using the link, the Toyota bumper designs look very similar. Only issue is size. The Edge is so wide. I called them and they do not have measurements for the different covers. :( So I need to find a Toyota Sienna to measure the bumper.

I have really been working on this, just not finding much. Trying to avoid a $100.00 screw up. Geez, someone make one already.

I will keep going and report back.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...v%3D2%26hl%3Den

I like this one from the CX-9. Wonder if it would fit the Edge