Unknown Rims on this 07 Edge

blumi

I have awd but have the other variety of 18" chrome wheels. These wheels are an additional cost option on fwd and awd as far as I know.

Lex, akirby, bbf where are you guys to settle this?

Hi igcitng, old buddy, old pal! :D Not that this will settle anything, but here is my educated guess from the pictures: Looks like the same wheel (or at least the same style of wheel) with a different center "cap". And even if the "center cap" is not removable, it seems to be the same style wheel, just manufactured with a different center logo. Of course, we can't tell if the specs (offset, etc.) are exactly the same from a picture.

So if that is correct, then almost everybody is right, to some extent.

Next: Just sort of figured that the OP's question had been answered. Thew wheels on his Edge seem to be the Factory optional wheel which is available on the Edge, and it is not an aftermarket wheel.

As I said, this won't stop the debate, but it is my opinion from the pictures.

And just as an FYI: Not all Ford/Lincoln-Mercury "chrome clad wheels" are the chromed plastic wheel cover type. The "chrome clad wheels" on my 2007 MKZ are not the glued on plastic cover type. But the optional "chrome clad wheels" on the 2010 MKZ are. So while it seems that the Edge "chrome clads" are the chromed plastic cover type, there is some variation in what exactly constitutes "chrome clad".

And somewhere in the next few replies, you will most likely see why I had avoided this debate. :shades:

Good luck igcitng! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi back bbf. :shades:

This is a picture I grabbed off of the internet. These wheels are a fuzz different than the ones in the topic picture, the centers.

Hi igcitng. :D In my opinion, the easiest way to solve this would be for blumi (the OP) to obtain a 2007 Edge brochure and compare the wheels he has to the standard and optional wheels that are shown in the brochure. That will tell him whether they are (or are not) Edge wheels. Or he can go to a Ford Dealer and have them cross reference the part numbers from his wheels with the actual 2007 Ford Edge parts catalog. All the rest of this is speculation.

For example: The wheels you pictured are more than a fuzz different. They have 7 (or 14 if you count it that way) spokes, as opposed to the 6 (or 12) in the OP's picture.

Which leads me to why I usually stay out of these types of questions. Again, for example: The problem is, wheel styles change ever so slightly from year to year. It is one of the pieces that automakers can update at minimal cost. So now we have all different pictures of different wheels being posted from god knows what year and various model vehicles. His picture is of a 2007 Edge. Yours seems to be of a 2008 (according to the jpeg file name). Wheel styles change, so all the pictures definitely prove at this point is that the wheel styles between 2007 and 2008 likely changed. Again, this is very common. So the OP's pictured wheels could be a 2007 Edge wheel and your picture of a 2008. The pictures tell us nothing that helps solve the mystery. In the end, we are still in the same place.

In addition, we also have a picture supposedly of a Mercury Mountaineer wheel, but we do not know what model year. So all this definitively proves (so far) is that Ford and Mercury possibly used similarly (or identically) styled wheels on different vehicles. Again, not completely uncommon.

Just to make my point of view (my educated opinion) clear, I think the OP's original question has been answered: They are a Ford factory wheel, whether optional or not. And they are not aftermarket. And since most people never switch wheels on their cars, it is most likely a 2007 Edge factory wheel, whether standard or optional. Of course, this is just speculation too, so I could be mistaken.

So with all due respect, I am retiring from this one, as it can only be argued in circles and I feel it is basically unsolvable by anyone other than the OP, if it is important enough for him to research. Either obtain the 2007 brochure and compare, or go to the Dealer and have them check/cross reference the part numbers.

Igcitng, I hope you understand that this has nothing to do with you (or anyone else who has posted here), I just don't want to try and solve what is likely an unsolvable question (at least by us over the Internet). If someone else has a better (or the definitive) answer, I hope they can jump in and help the OP.

Good luck igcitng. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 5 weeks later...