BRAND NEW EDGE LTD AWD 2009 Headlight brightness, Any help?

arcsalisu

Hi Everyone,

I am the owner of a new Ford Edge AWD 2009 and got it on friday, the 21st of August, 2009.

I love the machine! But I have one complaint, -my lights dont seem that bright, even in high-beam,

they are not as bright as even my hyundai elantra. Is there any problem?

Thanks, will appreciate any suggestion to improve my lights.

Cheers!

Greetings and

Thanks for bringing this up, I haven’t checked on Sliverstars lately.

Looks like Sylvania has finally started making them for the Edge/MKX.

The H11ST and 9005ST are much brighter and whiter than OEM bulbs.

I’ll be visiting my local auto supply soon.

Here’s a link to Sylvania.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...LRG-Results.htm

Or check out this link for a HID conversion.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2876

ab

Edited by ablb

I do not have a problem with the brightness rather the distance of the light output. I can't even see turns ahead before I am in them. I had the level checked and all checks out. It seems other cars have a good 20+ feet of lighted distance.

Brightness = distance in vision.

Headlight adjustment can help and most dealers dont do it as well as it could be done.

At 25' back , on level ground your "hot spot" should be 2" lower than the height of the "hot spot" when you are right up close to the wall. Use a piece of tape to mark the spot on the wall when you are close to it and measure & adjust your lights at the 25' mark from the wall.

Sylvania Silverstars actually produce less light than regular bulbs but it is a different color that seems brighter in some conditions. Personally , I like the SilverStars as they seem to create more "contrast" except in dark rainy conditions.

Edited by kempie

If you're used to an Elantra, then the extra height of the Edge will make it seem like they aren't as bright. The further your eyes are above the source of the light, the dimmer they will seem.

Thanks Waldo! I think you got the reason right. This evening I came back from a 650km trip(without as much rain as the previous trip) and realised the brightness or intensity has improved. I also feel like some members in this forum, considering the cost of a new Edge, HID should be standard. Once again, EVERYBODY thanks!