back-up sensor

I like mine too, but would not have based buying a car on having them. What I could not live without is the auto lift tailgate. That is the best thing ever.

PS-are you sure that none of them have them? Seems odd. Until now I thought most or all of them did.

I've looked at 4 SELs at not a one had the sensor. All of the '09s' I've looked at had them on though. I think I'll wait until I find an '09 at the right price. Seems like the 09's I've looked at had the dual A/C temp. controls and the back-up sensor to.

I have an 08 Limited and it has the back up sensors. I do really like them but you still have to be careful. A camera would have been great but wasn't offered.

Edge shopper question. I've been looking at an '08 or 09 SEL Edge. To the owners of the Edge with back-up sensors, do you like them? All 08 I've looked at doesn't have that option.

I have an 08 SEL. Very oddly equipped and it was left over, got it in Feb this year with 29 miles on it. Guessing how odd it is equipped is why. SEL AWD with cloth (which I wanted), backup sensors, 18" shiny wheels upgrade and auto liftgate, SYNC. Also a DVD player that I need like a hole in the head-$1200.00 option. But has the plain radio, no nav, no sunroof and does not have the dual climate control that I keep hearing about. No cool mirrors either. The price was right.

At this point I would go with an 09. 2010's are out, should be able to get a good price.

Edited by igcitng

I like this feature. Sure helps when backing out of a parking space that does not have that much room between rows. The beeps get louder as you near an object and the beeps change to a steady tone at about 10 inch for the object. I have had a couple of times when backing out of a space that the sensors detected a slow moving car to my right which I could not see because of my view being blocked by a large SUV.

• 3 months later...

Mine is 08 Ltd awd. I really like the back up sensors. Comes in handy everyday. At work the parking lot is tight and I can back into any spot perfectly using the side mirrors and back up sensors. I am sure a camera would help but it was not available. I would opt for them on any of my next vehicles. Does that help? Good luck.