Creaky Drivers Seat

Okay, not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things, but I have an SE with cloth seats, and the drivers seat has a squeak in the bottom that's driving me nuts! Every time I sit down, SQUEEAAKK. I have 39,000 miles and am out of bumper-to-bumper warranty. Dealer told me it would probably be 2 hours labor or more to take the seat apart and investigate--upwards of $150.00. Anyone removed the bottom of the seat cover to give me any ideas?

my 07 se creaks too..I bought it used last month didn't notice it on the test drive. maybe the previous owner was fat.. I'm gonna see if they will do anything for it when I take it in for the first time. I also have the spoiler gasket hanging out. other than those 2 issues very happy with my new to me edge.

let me know if you find a fix as I'm not confident the dealer will do anything for it.

i had the same issue and the dealer replaced the seat under warranty. but i do a lot of work for this dealer so i get some things done that other might not get.

1 RO had the following on it

1) Driver seat replaced

2) headliner replaced due to sagging and it still sags at the back of the rear BAMR openong.

3) dash pulled to replace gasket under windshield

4) battery replaced wont hold charge

5) steering wheel controls replaced volume down wasnt working.

6) front brakes replaced as they would make a grinding sound when applied 3-4 times after 4 or more hours sitting.

7) center console lid replaced as it squeaked when you would have an arm on it while driving.

• 1 month later...

Took the edge in for an oil change and reported the seat issue... I didn't speak with a tech, but the service guy said they are ordering a "seat pan" will give an update after they do this..

I was pleased that they did anything with it at all with out arguing. That's really the only issue I have with the car except the spoiler gasket, which I think I'm just going to leave as I think it may do more damage removing it than it's worth.

I hope the seat pan takes care of the noise, if the Edge seats are anything like the Rangers there really isn't much to them, seat frame, pan, cusion and cover. I guess the pan is the most likely cause of the noise.

as for the spoiler gasket, is there any way to push the gasket back under the spoiler without taking it off? did you show it to them?

• 2 weeks later...

just had the seat pan thing put on my edge.. still creaking... Haven't decided if I'm going to complain about it again or not as it's a hassle taking it in for service. I guess they thought they fixed it as when I got in the seat was adjusted straight up. and in that position it may not do it as bad.

I'm going to check it myself, it sounds like a creaky chair I'm sure it's the spring things, but I'm not sure if what they replaced included those.