steering wheel vibration

Just took delivery on a 2010 Edge Limited. Turned in an'07 Edge SEL. I am noticing vibration in the steering wheel while the vehicle is in gear and stopped. Once the car is moving I do not notice it.

The vehicle only has 50 miles on it, but I never noticed this in my '07 Edge.

Any one experience this???

• 2 years later...

Just took delivery on a 2010 Edge Limited. Turned in an'07 Edge SEL. I am noticing vibration in the steering wheel while the vehicle is in gear and stopped. Once the car is moving I do not notice it.

The vehicle only has 50 miles on it, but I never noticed this in my '07 Edge.

Any one experience this???

I am.

Never found the cause though.

Have you?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a regional sales rep and log a lot of miles and just turned 49k this week just a week past my one year buy date of my 2010 Edge SEL. I bought my Edge used with only 17k miles and began noticing a vibration problem at around 30m miles and took it to my nearby dealer at around 34k with an intermittent but significant vibration in steering, especially when moving forward or backwards at low speed - as in when I'm going into or backing out of a parking space. They at first couldn’t duplicate the issue until I drove it with two of their techs and they immediately noticed the issue with me at the wheel, contacted Ford and they had them replace the power steering pump. It was somewhat better but within the first day the issue was back and now is much worse and of course my warranty has expired. There reply after test driving another Edge when I took it back is “it is a typical character for the Edge” and they would do nothing further. My claim is this is bogus and there is definitely a bigger issue. I am now also having a noticeable popping noise from both shocks, especially when turning or going over bumps while turning at speeds under 20mph and will be asking for help within the forum on this today.

I don't get a vibration when stopped, but I do get a very low hum, sometimes it sounds like a neighboring car has a lot of bass. I've turned off the environmental controls, and it doesn't change. Once I get going it goes away. For some reason i think its the transmission.

I think this is a motor/transmission mount issue. I have the same issue with my 03 Escape, even after replacing 3 mounts. I own a 2010 MKX and have not exp the problem yet. The reason the vib manifest itself at idle and not at speed is because the engine torque/movement unloads the mount or contact area that is transmitting the vib. With the problem occurring at such low mileages, I would document it so, Ford can address it, when they get enough flack about it.