Things you do for safety/crime prevention.

Hurtman

So what steps do you all take to protect your family and your property. Recently in my city, while cars are parked at the owners place of business, crooks have been breaking into cars and grabbing the garage door openers and the vehicle registration. They then have the owners address and know they are not home, and a way into the garage and the house if attached. The people get home and discover that their car was not the only thing that was broken into. Hide your garage door opener and your paperwork. How many people just clip the opener to the visor, in plain view. A small step to protect you and yours.

Almost sounds like an urban legend. :shrug:

Latest statistics show burglaries are down, because everybody is home, NO JOBS!!

In this state we only carry proof of insurance, it does have our address. But the car thieves are either high or illiterate so paper work is not very high on their list.

I can’t remember the last car we had that didn’t have a built in door opener.

HOWEVER we do carry our sons’ door opener now that would really be a joke on your crook.

:beerchug:

ab

Luckily I live in an area where crime is not rampant, but something like that could happen to anyone anywhere I guess. If I were at risk of that happening, I would carry the papers and opener with me. That would be harder for guys, a wallet does not hold much. At least if the car was broken into your home would still be safe. Also a good reason to never leave mail, bank reciepts etc in the car. I read an article once that suggested that people should not do things to their vehicles that let the bad people know that a man or woman drives it (article aimed at women) for instance, name on your plate or things on/in the car that scream 'I'm a girl come get me.'

I read an article once that suggested that people should not do things to their vehicles that let the bad people know that a man or woman drives it (article aimed at women) for instance, name on your plate or things on/in the car that scream 'I'm a girl come get me.'

Like driving a VW Beetle? :hysterical: