Stick On Keyless Entry Pad

Does anybody have the Ford Keyless Entry pad that just sticks on the door and operates like a remote keyfob?

How does it work?

Does it look ok?

I had factory keyless in my old Explorer and loved it. Now I have the cheap one.(Edge SE)

Hi Mr. Westfield. :D It works similarly to the remote keyfobs. It sticks on the door with a 3M type adhesive and is wireless. Except instead of pressing an unlock or lock button (like on the keyfobs), you press a series of numbers on the keypad. The add-on accessory comes with directions for installation and programming. You program it similarly to the factory keyfobs.

I think it looks fine. Of course looks are an opinion, so a few others will certainly disagree. I believe it comes out of the box in black, but you can paint it to match your Edge (as the Factory ones are painted) and have it blend in a bit more. Some people have even been creative and installed it on other areas of the vehicle (inside the gas fill flap, on the cowl at the base of the windshield, etc).

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Mr. Westfield. :D It works similarly to the remote keyfobs. It sticks on the door with a 3M type adhesive and is wireless. Except instead of pressing an unlock or lock button (like on the keyfobs), you press a series of numbers on the keypad. The add-on accessory comes with directions for installation and programming. You program it similarly to the factory keyfobs.

I think it looks fine. Of course looks are an opinion, so a few others will certainly disagree. I believe it comes out of the box in black, but you can paint it to match your Edge (as the Factory ones are painted) and have it blend in a bit more. Some people have even been creative and installed it on other areas of the vehicle (inside the gas fill flap, on the cowl at the base of the windshield, etc).

Good luck. :beerchug:

I bought myself one of these for Christmas, and I am very happy with it. Cost me about $80.00 from the dealer, and took all of five minutes to program and install it. It looks almost identical to the factory version--I don't think anyone could tell the difference except someone else who bought one. Most of the factory models I have observed have been in black as well.

My wife also got me the black Ford rear bumper protector. It was also easy to install and I think really helps the look of the backend. It's too thin to offer any real protection, but looks are the most important thing, of course! It has the word "Edge" embossed in the middle of it, which doesn't show up in any of the internet pics I have seen.

I would recommend both products.

• 3 years later...

Hey guys, i have edge -2013 SE model and recently purchased this Keyless Entry Keypad, I have tried a lot but unable to program it.

I am following the steps as mentioned in the installation manual.

1. Unlock car through Keyfob / Button on the door.

2. Put the key in the ignition and cycle it from OFF to Run position (8times within 10s) last turn will end at Run. locks will lock and unlock stating that vehicle is in programming mode.

3. within 20s of 2nd setp press any button on keyfob-1 ------------------ when i press the button, horn will honk 1 time.

4. within 20s of 3rd step press any button on keyfob-2 ------------------ when i press the button, horn will honk 1 time.

5. within 20s of 4th step press 7/8 & 9/0 button simultaneously ------- when i press the buttons nothing happens.

need expert advice on it

Does it light up when you press the buttons? Are you pressing both buttons (7/8 and 9/0) at the same time and releasing them?

Yes, I am pressing both buttons at the same time and releasing them. also it light up when i press the buttons.

Will it require any programming through IDS?? I can do that if required.

Sajid,

I know in Qatar Ford's keyless remotes used to work on 300 MHz frequency, but have noticed that on 2013 models, they started to come with 433 MHz. So double check if your car has the same frequency as the purchased remott

Omar,

This need to be investigated.. any idea how to find out this infor.

Thx

If you can use IDS to program the key fobs you can also use it with the keypad. When you press the 7/8 and.9/0 at the same time it's equivalent to pressing the lock button on a regular fob.

through IDS Keys will be programmed by putting key into the ignition in ON position and pressing "Program Button" in IDS, there is no option i have found to program the kaypad. :cry:

Edited by sajid.ali