On the Edge in Texas

Well, picked up my light sage green (not) Edge today - and love it! Hubby and I don't see a tint no matter what kind of sunlight...looked sideways, rightways, frontways, and everything but upside down. I think the Ford color engineers need new glasses.

I'm coming to the Edge from a Pacifica, and there's a couple of things to get used to -

1) No link for garage door

2) No power for back lift gate

That's all so far - only put about 15 miles on it today though - will do more tomorrow.

I do like the way it handles - it's got a definite sporty feel to it...the Pacifica felt like a granny wagon. (Though I am one, I think I may have found the fountain of youth...lol)

I'll keep you posted as we go along.

Well, picked up my light sage green (not) Edge today - and love it! Hubby and I don't see a tint no matter what kind of sunlight...looked sideways, rightways, frontways, and everything but upside down. I think the Ford color engineers need new glasses.

I'm coming to the Edge from a Pacifica, and there's a couple of things to get used to -

That's all so far - only put about 15 miles on it today though - will do more tomorrow.

I do like the way it handles - it's got a definite sporty feel to it...the Pacifica felt like a granny wagon. (Though I am one, I think I may have found the fountain of youth...lol)

I believe that those two are big oversights on Ford's parts. That tailgate is really heavy, even for me.

I can tell you this. I know someone that had a garage door link system in their truck. The truck was stolen from the mall. The car thief found their auto insurance card on the visor, and got their address, drove to their home and cleaned out the garage with their truck betting on the fact that they were stuck at the mall.

I don't even leave my garage door opener in my car anymore, let alone anything with my address on it in my car. I have cut it out of my insurance card. It's not required to be there anyway.

And the lift gate deal....Well people pay money to go to the gym and lift something that weighs the same amount over and over again.

After you get use to it, you will forget all about it.

It's really not that much....Look at this way...It's going to tone up your arms...Your going to look great. :happy feet:

There's an unexpected bonus to owning an Edge....people really notice the car! I know this didn't happen with the Pacifica, or any other car we've bought recently....I guess they were all downright boring. I've had the Edge out and about for only a couple of hours. In that short space of time, 2 people have stopped to look and talk about it! Both were really impressed - it's a rolling conversation piece.

And that brings up another thing...do you know I watched the Edge commercial several times and never made the connection to this car until AFTER I bought it??? A guy stopped to look at it yesterday as I was just getting out of it...I told him it was the car that drove on the edges of buildings. He said, "Oh, it's THAT car????" I wonder if anyone else in America fails to get the connection. It was such a unique commercial that I was more in tune with what it would feel like to actually drive that way than looking at the car itself!

Heysdad....WOW! I guess there's a freak out there for everything. Actually, I have wondered about things like that...hubby thought I was downright weird because if we ever left the car in the driveway, I would always make sure it was locked. Same with his pickup. I knew if someone thought twice about it, all they had to do was press a few buttons and they'd be in the garage...next stop, the inside of the house. Scarey.

I'd love to post pictures but my digital is about ready for the Smithsonian. I'll give it a shot this weekend though - Edge going in to the shop today to get a hitch installed.

And the lift gate deal....Well people pay money to go to the gym and lift something that weighs the same amount over and over again.

After you get use to it, you will forget all about it.

True, but when it's raining, you have a kid in one arm and 4 sacks of grocerys about to rip open on the other arm, wrestling it open is a bit frustrating. At 5 foot 5 I am not short but I am not tall either. Even if the handle had more of a "handlish" handle to it I could heave it up better. But , if this is the only thing I can groan about I'll be a happy camper......I love this CUV!

True, but when it's raining, you have a kid in one arm and 4 sacks of grocerys about to rip open on the other arm, wrestling it open is a bit frustrating. At 5 foot 5 I am not short but I am not tall either. Even if the handle had more of a "handlish" handle to it I could heave it up better. But , if this is the only thing I can groan about I'll be a happy camper......I love this CUV!

1. Use A cart....Put the kid in the top part and the bags in the lower part. :reading:

2. Have the store kid help you out to your car..... :hyper:

3. LOL....LOL....LOL :hysterical:

Yer killin' me........ :hysterical:

Seriously, not a huge deal but something they need to work on.

I know....I'm just messin with ya... :finger:

That thing is heavy. Look at it this way the 2008 Edge comes out on September 17th....Maybe they'll fix that with the dash reflection issue in the Camel color.

You want to feel something cool??? Try lifting the tailgate of a 2008 Toyota Tundra....It has a counter balance or springs or something....That it almost jumps out of your hand. My wife can close it with 1 finger.

Ford needs to take notes.....

Other that that....I love my Edge.

I know....I'm just messin with ya... :finger:

That thing is heavy. Look at it this way the 2008 Edge comes out on September 17th....Maybe they'll fix that with the dash reflection issue in the Camel color.

You want to feel something cool??? Try lifting the tailgate of a 2008 Toyota Tundra....It has a counter balance or springs or something....That it almost jumps out of your hand. My wife can close it with 1 finger.

Ford needs to take notes.....

Other that that....I love my Edge.

Sounds like Toyota stole the tail gate assist torsion spring idea from from the 2004 and up F-150.

Sounds like Toyota stole the tail gate assist torsion spring idea from from the 2004 and up F-150.

I bet they did...It works great. I guess Ford forgot about that system when they did the Edge.

It's not bad for the guys, but the gals are having a hard time with it....

Congrats on your new Edge!! My wife and I just bought one the other day. SEL, Creme Brule (SP?). Baby on the way in AUG. We looked at the Pacifica and liked the sporty feel and look of the Edge better. Only one I've seen in FT. Hood area. Where in TX are you located?

Gotta start the wave for Edges in TX, (My other vehicle is a jeep)

V/R

Scott

Congrats on your new Edge!! My wife and I just bought one the other day. SEL, Creme Brule (SP?). Baby on the way in AUG. We looked at the Pacifica and liked the sporty feel and look of the Edge better. Only one I've seen in FT. Hood area. Where in TX are you located?

Gotta start the wave for Edges in TX, (My other vehicle is a jeep)

V/R

Scott

We're in East Texas - Tyler area (but didn't buy from the Tyler dealer).

The Pacifica is a very nice car, but the rear visibility is severely hampered in that car...to the point of being dangerous...I think it's an issue for lots of folks.

Love the sport feel the Edge has, plus the mileage is already better than the Pacifica and we've only got 330 miles on it! The ride is just as nice, if not better.

The light sage green just isn't...my husband calls it primer gray....I really liked the Creme Brulee.

We're in East Texas - Tyler area (but didn't buy from the Tyler dealer).

The Pacifica is a very nice car, but the rear visibility is severely hampered in that car...to the point of being dangerous...I think it's an issue for lots of folks.

Love the sport feel the Edge has, plus the mileage is already better than the Pacifica and we've only got 330 miles on it! The ride is just as nice, if not better.

The light sage green just isn't...my husband calls it primer gray....I really liked the Creme Brulee.

Hello pinemeadows and Scott-0,

We live in Lewisville area if you'er ever up this way and see a Sage edge with a shark fin antenna on the spoiler, that's us.

Y'all have fun showin off now......We get at least 1 person asking about our's everyday.

Some like it and others don't.....Some people think it's ugly?????? Oh well......I love it, and most people do.

I hope to get some pic here soon....

See ya... :rockon: