Door Panel Removal - 2007 MKX

MKXXXx

Can someone explain how to remove the rear passenger door panel? I found the 5-6 screws around the outer edge, and I see that it has a few clips that you can pop it out of at the bottom... but I'm not sure what's holding it on at the top and I'm a bit afraid to just pull at this point. Do I need to/should I remove the torax screw under the door handle itself? Are there more clips/screws I need to know about at this point, or is it just a matter of pulling hard enough and/or the right direction?

I just bought the car and it came with a blown speaker... so I just want to get in there to replace it. Any tips?

Can someone explain how to remove the rear passenger door panel? I found the 5-6 screws around the outer edge, and I see that it has a few clips that you can pop it out of at the bottom... but I'm not sure what's holding it on at the top and I'm a bit afraid to just pull at this point. Do I need to/should I remove the torax screw under the door handle itself? Are there more clips/screws I need to know about at this point, or is it just a matter of pulling hard enough and/or the right direction?

I just bought the car and it came with a blown speaker... so I just want to get in there to replace it. Any tips?

Hi MKX. :D Don't have the shop manual handy for the 2007 MKX. But off the top of my head I would say that yes, you need to remove the screw under the door handle. And after removing all fasteners, most door panels usually have a top lip that needs to be lifted out of the window channel before pulling outward.

However (and possibly more importantly), do you know that Lincoln vehicles come with a 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty. And that Warranty transfers to a new owner. So unless you are over the 50,000 mile threshold or there is some other reason we are not aware of (i.e. Salvage Title etc.), the speaker replacement would normally be covered under Warranty.

Let us know.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

So unless you are over the 50,000 mile threshold or there is some other reason we are not aware of (i.e. Salvage Title etc.), the speaker replacement would normally be covered under Warranty.

It's only got 18k on it... I'm a little ashamed to go to the local dealer at this point (I went out of state to buy the car *and* my kids go to school with the owner of the local dealership), but I guess I'll just have to get over it and take it in. Suppose some business for them is better than none. The other minor issue we have with it is that one of the wireless headsets isn't working quite right - seems to be some sort of alignment issue with the IR receiver. I'm kind of doubting that would be covered (It's one of the Invision headrest DVD sets) as I suspect it may not be "factory original", but I guess it's worth a try.

Thanks for the tips!

1. To Remove the rear door handle bezel:

•  
  • A. Remove the screw cover.
  • B. Remove the screw.
  • C. Remove the rear door handle bezel.
  • D. Disconnect the electrical connector [if equipped]

2. Remove the screw cover.

3. Remove the screw.

4. Remove the 6 trim panel screws.

5. Disengage the bottom of the door trim panel from the door.

•  
  • A. Pull outward to disengage the push nuts from the retainers.

6. Lift the top of the door trim panel edge upward and out of the beltline molding.

7. Pull the lock rod through the lock rod grommet.

8. Remove the rear door trim panel.

A. Disconnect the electrical connectors.

9. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Hope this helps

post-8414-12665294282927_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I found this thread very helpful, and would like to add the following...

I found the image of an interior MKX door panel on E-Bay which illustrated the side that faced the mechanicals. This was helpful in locating the two grommets on near the lower corners.

One key point not mentioned here is that there is a small hex screw located below a plastic cover located at he bottom of the "grab handle well" used when closing the door. This hex screw must be removed prior to removing the panel.

I also note that the plastic bezel around the door handle (which also houses the small tweeter speaker) is difficult to remove prior to removing the panel. Once the door panel is removed, you should remove this bezel prior to replacing the panel once the door handle repairs have been completed. The reason for this is that the re-attaching of the door panel is difficult if this bezel is not removed, due to the fact that you have to slip the door handle through the hole and it does not leave you enough play to get the top of the door panel over the lip to secure it.

Once the bezel was removed, it was quite easy to attach the panel. After the panel was installed, it is very easy to snap the bezel into place.

Thanks for all the info here. I was able to avoid taking it to a dealership.

Cheers!

• Like 1