Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Interest

Subwoofer Enclosure   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one?

• Yes
    • No

I talked to one of my Sub Box vendors today and asked if they would be willing to make a factory location replacement sub enclosure. They said they would . I need to get an idea of how many are really interested ,enough to actually pay money not just want one. Just need to know for them to give us the best price. It would be a MDF enclosure that would mount just like the factory one and be able to house a 8, 10 or 12.

12 would be very limited on sub choice as air space is limited.

They build very good quality boxes and the sooner i get some response the sooner i can get the ball rolling on this. Price would be somewhere between $150-300 depending on quanity and r&d time but thats far less than JL Audio and will sound better due to MDF instead of fiberglass.

• 1 month later...

I talked to one of my Sub Box vendors today and asked if they would be willing to make a factory location replacement sub enclosure. They said they would . I need to get an idea of how many are really interested ,enough to actually pay money not just want one. Just need to know for them to give us the best price. It would be a MDF enclosure that would mount just like the factory one and be able to house a 8, 10 or 12.

12 would be very limited on sub choice as air space is limited.

They build very good quality boxes and the sooner i get some response the sooner i can get the ball rolling on this. Price would be somewhere between $150-300 depending on quanity and r&d time but thats far less than JL Audio and will sound better due to MDF instead of fiberglass.

I am definitely interested in this. Any update since Feb?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess this never took off, Also assuming that a decent sub would run 150 alone, then the box would run 150-200. Throw in trial and error cost plus templates and all equipment needed such as the nuts and bolts, retaining clips, etc. and this thing will be right up in the JL stealthbox price range. Only with no warranty on the box most likely and an inferior sub to the JL 10w3v3 that comes in the Stealthbox.