fuel pump pitching sound

krishtall

I Have 400 miles on my Edge SEL and noticed every time engines get started I hear like high pitching sound almost like ear ringing on the back of my car. Took to a dealer today and they talled me it is fuel pump working sound and it is normal. However for me it is very annoying. Does anybody experience anything like this? Should I pursue repair or not. Thanks.

I Have 400 miles on my Edge SEL and noticed every time engines get started I hear like high pitching sound almost like ear ringing on the back of my car. Took to a dealer today and they talled me it is fuel pump working sound and it is normal. However for me it is very annoying. Does anybody experience anything like this? Should I pursue repair or not. Thanks.

My 2007 SEL does it too, it drives me nuts. I just turn up the radio ;) I have heard it in every Edge ive ridden in.

Have same very high pitch sound when after starting car. Only happens when heat comes on low. If you turn the fan speed higher, the noise goes away. Originally thought it was the fuel pump, but it is directly related to the hvac system. Turn off the heat next time you park the car and when you start the car up later, I guarantee the noise will be gone. When you turn heat on......only on the lowest fan setting, you will get the whine.

Have same very high pitch sound when after starting car. Only happens when heat comes on low. If you turn the fan speed higher, the noise goes away. Originally thought it was the fuel pump, but it is directly related to the hvac system. Turn off the heat next time you park the car and when you start the car up later, I guarantee the noise will be gone. When you turn heat on......only on the lowest fan setting, you will get the whine.

Thanks for advice. You know I leave is S. California and it is relatively warm. So I haven't even use heater yet, and sound coming from the back.

Doesnt matter, heat or a/c it is the fan motor.

While it is entirely possible. I'm sure they can tell the difference between a sound emanating from the front vs the rear.

But, more importantly, this is a well known issue with the fuel pumps and thus it is far more likely that that is the culprit.

My Edge does it too, noticed it from day one, drives me nuts. The cabin fan did start to whine a bit when I hit 20k miles though.

Now I have whining from both ends lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for advise. I have talled them about that issue several times, but they keep telling me it is normal. Once I brought vehicle to dealer to see if they can duplicate the problem, but with all outside noise it make it impossible.

Our 2010 Edge has the same problem. I say we go class action on FORD. This issue is ridiculous and and leaves such a bad taste in our mouth for the FORD brand.

We bought our 2010 Edge on January and now have about 5k miles on it. The high pitched noise drives us crazy and both Galpin Ford here in LA and Sunrise Ford (where we leased the Edge) have said it's NORMAL.

I am going to try once more to have FORD fix this before I sue their asses and turn this into a fiasco...

Ore

Our 2010 Edge has the same problem. I say we go class action on FORD. This issue is ridiculous and and leaves such a bad taste in our mouth for the FORD brand.

We bought our 2010 Edge on January and now have about 5k miles on it. The high pitched noise drives us crazy and both Galpin Ford here in LA and Sunrise Ford (where we leased the Edge) have said it's NORMAL.

I am going to try once more to have FORD fix this before I sue their asses and turn this into a fiasco...

Ore

I think this is good idea. I bought mine at Galpin Ford (LA) in February. Did the same as you, went first to Vista Ford in SF Valley then Galpin. Both were saying it is normal. Will try go one more time, see what happens. Let me know of outcome of your trip. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, I too have this problem and my ears hurt every time I drive my car. Pacific Ford in Long Beach has said there is nothing they can do also and that it is NORMAL, but I am going back this week. FORD apparently doesn't have any concern for the health of our ears and the possible long term effects a high pitch noise may have? Please let me know if any of you have taken legal action and what the outcome is. I am with Ore on this one, class action lawsuit!

Hi guys, I too have this problem and my ears hurt every time I drive my car. Pacific Ford in Long Beach has said there is nothing they can do also and that it is NORMAL, but I am going back this week. FORD apparently doesn't have any concern for the health of our ears and the possible long term effects a high pitch noise may have? Please let me know if any of you have taken legal action and what the outcome is. I am with Ore on this one, class action lawsuit!

Typical yankee :yup: .......