ATTENTION FORD EDGE OWNERS

Wolfie

ATTENTION OWNERS ! My cars name is Wolfie I have posted before and here is the update ! FORD MOTOR COMPANY has finally released a service bulitian on the TRANSMISSION,CLUNKING,LURCHING FORWARD< problems. This was JUST released. They will now admit and acknolege the issue with the ford edges, they have all the transmission modle numbers and release dates for those cars. Check with your local ford techs and have them check the new bulitians that just came out ! The new sensors will be arriving at your ford dealers by the end of this week to the beginning of next week. THIS IS A FIX, AGAIN CHECK YOUR DEALERS MECH UPDATES. THIS WAS JUST SENT OUT IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS ! IF YOUR CAR WONT GO WHEN YOU GIVE IT GAS IT CLUCNKS OR LURCHES FORWARD WHEN IT DOES ENGAGE THEN Ford has fixed the problem, THANK GOODNESS THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE FINALLY ADMITTED THEY KNOW ABOUT IT AND HAVE THE PART ALMOST FINNISHED AND READY TO SHIP TO ALL FORD DEALERS. YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR TRANSMISSION MODEL NUMBER AND TIME FRAME IT WAS MADE TO SEE IF YOUR CAR QUALIFIES FOR THE NEW SENSOR...

PS sorry bout the text Im cooking tacos while writing this !

Good Luck,,,I hope this helps all you EDGERS like me

D.M.Haye

aka WOLFIE

:redcard:

ATTENTION OWNERS ! My cars name is Wolfie I have posted before and here is the update ! FORD MOTOR COMPANY has finally released a service bulitian on the TRANSMISSION,CLUNKING,LURCHING FORWARD< problems. This was JUST released. They will now admit and acknolege the issue with the ford edges, they have all the transmission modle numbers and release dates for those cars. Check with your local ford techs and have them check the new bulitians that just came out ! The new sensors will be arriving at your ford dealers by the end of this week to the beginning of next week. THIS IS A FIX, AGAIN CHECK YOUR DEALERS MECH UPDATES. THIS WAS JUST SENT OUT IN THE LAST COUPLE DAYS ! IF YOUR CAR WONT GO WHEN YOU GIVE IT GAS IT CLUCNKS OR LURCHES FORWARD WHEN IT DOES ENGAGE THEN Ford has fixed the problem, THANK GOODNESS THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE FINALLY ADMITTED THEY KNOW ABOUT IT AND HAVE THE PART ALMOST FINNISHED AND READY TO SHIP TO ALL FORD DEALERS. YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR TRANSMISSION MODEL NUMBER AND TIME FRAME IT WAS MADE TO SEE IF YOUR CAR QUALIFIES FOR THE NEW SENSOR...

PS sorry bout the text Im cooking tacos while writing this !

Good Luck,,,I hope this helps all you EDGERS like me

D.M.Haye

aka WOLFIE

:redcard:

Update on my 20110 Edge! The service manager came and picked up my car yesterday as Ford got the new sensor in yesterday! So wish me luck everyone because if this dosent work, then back to square one. Which is...the oregon lemon law. I love my car with all my heart and want to keep it, but cannot drive it like it was, The last time I drove it was 9 days ago,because it LURCHED forward into an INTERSECTION,,,Thank God no one was crossing in it they would have been ran over. Very scarey! Well FORD MOTOR COMPANY says this IS THE FIX.. I will let you all know how it works....

DM Haye

aka~ Wolfie

Update on my 20110 Edge! The service manager came and picked up my car yesterday as Ford got the new sensor in yesterday! So wish me luck everyone because if this dosent work, then back to square one. Which is...the oregon lemon law. I love my car with all my heart and want to keep it, but cannot drive it like it was, The last time I drove it was 9 days ago,because it LURCHED forward into an INTERSECTION,,,Thank God no one was crossing in it they would have been ran over. Very scarey! Well FORD MOTOR COMPANY says this IS THE FIX.. I will let you all know how it works....

DM Haye

aka~ Wolfie

Ā 

Can you tell us what the TSB # is???

I will post a new reply when my car gets back. It will be hand delivered today by the "Service manager "at my home, good luck to all! If you have this problem I feel for you and hope my posts help !

Donna

aka Wolfie

:hyper: :hyper:

Just got off the phone with my Service Rep and this is related to the PTU.

Like Wolfie said this only involves Edge's made within a certain time frame so make sure you have your VIN number handy when calling in to check.

Ā 

I hope not. Mine is a 2 wheel drive and I got all excited when I read this. I was hoping this was a tranny issue theyd identified.

Ok heres the updates you all asked for on WOLFIE, on Monday May 10 th after new sensor was installed......LIGHT TURNED GREEN, GAVE CAR GAS,AND AGAIN! NOTHING! I WAITED APPROX 10 SECONDS(WHILE THE GUY BEHIND ME STARTED HONKING),,NOTHING HAPPENS, NO ENGINE REV UP NOTHING....I PANICKED THINKING IT WAS GOING TO LURCH FOWARD AND CLUNK, LIKE GETTING HIT FROM BEHIND, AND THEW THE CAR INTO NETURAL AND BACK INTO DRIVE. I GAVE IT A LITTLE GAS AND IT WENT FOWARD AS IT SHOULD.......FORD HASNT GOT IT YET AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND....WTF !

So called my service manager and made an appt for WOLFIE, spent about an hour discussing the prob, I think that FORD has got a grasp but not the fix.

Just for all your information the models for the new part that is supposed to work are:

Ā 

2010 FORD EDGE ( AWD)

2010 FORD FLEX

2010 CAR MKS

2010 TRUCK MKT

2010 TRUCK MKX

2010 FORD TAURUS

Ā 

SYMPTOM CODES:

500000 DRIVLINE

501000 DRIVELINE AUTO TRANS UPSHIFT CONCERNS

502000 DRIVELINE AUTO TRANS DOWNSHIFT CONCERNS

503000 DRIVELINE AUTO TRANS ENGAGEMENT CONCERNS

503300 DRIVELINE AUTO TRANS SHIFT LEVER/LINKAGE

504000 DRIVELINE OTHANS CONCERNSER AUTO TR

Ā 

Ā 

THE SERVICE BULLITAN NUMBER FOR YOUR DEALER IS # 21227

MANAFATURE DATES AND ASSEMBLY ARE:

5//09 THRU 9/30/09

THE NEW PART FORD MADE IS CALLED: TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR

Ā 

Ok everybody I hope this helps anything! Wish me lluck as I am at the point now where I just dont want to give up the coolest car I ve ever had,,,and fighting with ford for another go around

Donna Haye

dmhaye@gmail.com

2010 ford edge "WOLFIE"

^Definitely not a good sign.

Although my car has never "lurched" forward this still leaves me concerned.

I have been hearing the thumping noise for quite sometime now and hope that it can be fixed by the

Ford techs in the first visit.

I'm not excited over the thought of wasiting time and money trying to fix something that Ford should have gotten right a long time ago.

What if they can't fix it? Is this going to turn into a fight with Ford to get my money back? "sigh"

Hey Mofsteel....gawd I hope you can jusst get the problem taken care of now. Thereis no reason why your service manager cannot pull up the bullitan on this problem its number is #21227 and it was realeased on May 5th.

There are alot of things on the paper that I didnt write down, so they should just print it out and give you a copy. That way if the problem isnt fixed by the new transmission sensor you have proff that ford says "this is the fix" this is not the fix as you read my car has already experienced problems and I havent even had in for a week

Ā 

not everyone may experience the problems I ve had, however this is a transmission sensor, and it supposed to be "the fix" for a ll these problems, unfortuanly, mine have been dangerous and life threating, to the point where my service manager has offered to come pick me up no matter where I am or what time day or night it happens again., and he will drive the car back for the LAST time himslef.

Ā 

The actual name of this report is:

OASIS SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGE # 22127

Ā 

I am at the point this weekend to decide wether to install another DVM recoreder ( thats when the bulitan was issued, after we sent the recording to ford), or just drive back on their SHOWROOM FLOOR where I got it. At this point the doors could be open or closed....thats where I will parking it, heeheee.....

go to ford make them check it this is a huge saftey issue, or could be in the future, so far I have been lurched into a train track and 4 intersections 1 crosswalk

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to email me at

dmhaye @ gmail .com

Thanks for the update. Ill be dropping mine off at my incompetent dealership Monday. Hopefully this will fix my problem. Mine is lurching a little when accelerating but not that bad. Mines more like its just waiting a half second from pressing the gas to actually engage.

Ā 

I was installing some stereo gear in mine the other day and so I had the battery unhooked for several hours. When I took off the next morning, it was nearly 2 days before the clunking re-appeared. Maybe I was unconsciously babying the throttle or something but this made me think it is a computer issue and having the battery unhooked for that long reset the computer to the default settings. That kinda makes sense cause this thing drove just fine for the first 4-5 days I had it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi...i don't know if I'm experiencing the same problem as described at the beginning of this thread. I've had the 2010 Edge, 2 wd , since August and it has about 4800 mi on it. This has happened to me twice so far...about a month apart. I'll try and describe it as best I can. After coming to a stop, when I give it some gas to start moving again, nothing happens for about a second and then the tranny kicks in and I begin to move. It feels like I'm ' popping' the clutch like I did in my younger days. The first time it happened, I thought that I might have been on something slippery on the road and the wheels didn't grab right away. The second time it happened the road was completely dry. I haven't gone to the dealer yet because it isn't happening on a regular basis and the techies can't do anything unless it's happening all the time. After I a have this delay problem, everything runs smoothly like nothing happened. Please let me know if I should be going to the dealer and quoting the above mentioned service bulletins. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Any news on how this worked out Wolfie?

Ā 

Yep It is still not fixed. Ive had my car in the shop a total of 10 times and they have relaced parts and chips 4 times and back it goes again. They have however offered my ANY car I want and give me FULL payment for what I paid for my car. (43,000.00) so thats good news, but I have to do all the financeing and can't at this time so am still stuck with the car. :banghead: so Tues May 10 2011 I will take her back to ford again to put a recorder in again. Thats how Ford made the chip the first time around. So we will try it again. Best of luck

Donna AKA WOLFIE

• 2 months later...