Automatic Headlight add-on

Just got a 2010 Edge SE as a company vehicle. Not having auto headlights is a pain. Any way to add this feature either oem or aftermarket?

I'm in Canada and already have DRL installed but you should be able to to install a unit like this and you'd have DRL

http://www.automotiveelectronicaccessories.com/aeapn480hd.htm

Hope this helps

Matt Rochette

I'm in Canada and already have DRL installed but you should be able to to install a unit like this and you'd have DRL

http://www.automotiveelectronicaccessories.com/aeapn480hd.htm

Hope this helps

Matt Rochette

ALL Edges come with DRL's, they just need to be turned on via diagnostic computer. DRL's are not the same as Auto headlamps however

how are people equating "auto headlights" with DRL's?

they are 2 different things. "auto headlights" are those that can be set to come on when it senses night and off when senses day. These must be on that year Edge as they are on the previous year.

DRL are just daytime running lights, but I would not consider them "auto headlights".

but given we all have "auto headlights", I guess he must have meant DRL. and if so, and he just crossed terms, TPM419419 is right.. he can roll into the dealer and have them activated.

I'm just sporting an base SE. Not complaining cuz the company bought it for me. But there are no options on this puppy yet it is a cool ride.

So it looks like the cheapest option is the one by securinu.

It doesn't have DLRs but I don't really care about that, I just want the auto headlights.

I guess asking about the auto AC is outta the question.

but given we all have "auto headlights", I guess he must have meant DRL. and if so, and he just crossed terms, TPM419419 is right.. he can roll into the dealer and have them activated.

Auto headlights are part of the Convenience package which is optional on SE, but standard on everything else. So about 7% of all Edges do not have auto headlights.

• 2 years later...

securinu,

You stated that you stock these and its an easy install. I have the DEI 545T Nite Lite system and cannot figure out where I need to tap into the wires for the parking light relay and headlight relay (Inputs/ Outputs). Can you advise where I need to be looking or tap into. I thought I figured it out with the gray pin plug down by the BCM but does not seem to work. Help would be greatly appreciated from anybody that has either already done this or knows enough to guide me through it. Thanks

2012 Forde Edge SE - company vehicle without auto headlights

securinu,

You stated that you stock these and its an easy install. I have the DEI 545T Nite Lite system and cannot figure out where I need to tap into the wires for the parking light relay and headlight relay (Inputs/ Outputs). Can you advise where I need to be looking or tap into. I thought I figured it out with the gray pin plug down by the BCM but does not seem to work. Help would be greatly appreciated from anybody that has either already done this or knows enough to guide me through it. Thanks

2012 Forde Edge SE - company vehicle without auto headlights

I would really be interested in how this is done too... I need to install the same kit...

Edited by ioldsnut