WeatherTech Floor Mats Disappointment

1duFos

Bought a front set of weather tech digital floor mats for my 2010 Edge. I am disappointed in the fit, by that I mean they do not go high enough up the foot wheels. See enclosed picture of the fit at the driver side. The dead peddle is still showing, the mat does not go high enough to cover it. So part of my shoe will rest on the unprotected area., in winter this unprotected area will get its share of salt from winter boots. The same is true for the passenger side, see pictire, the mat does not go high enough. I am tall 6'1" and when I sit in the passenger seat and stretch out half of my feet are resting on the carpet. For the money I would have expected a better fit. The over all fit is excellent at the edges-corners but they cheaped out with the length to cover more of the carpet. What other alternatives are there? A better over all fit? Suggestions

Thanks

Ron

2h49e29.jpg

67ur0m.jpg

I used mine through this past Chicago winter and never had an issue with salt or snow getting on the carpets.

BTW, im 6'2"

med_gallery_7759_226_57044.jpg

My only concern is the dead peddle area, wife has a habit of putting her feet on it and if part is exposed the carpet will get soiled, will have to make sure she does put her dirty shoes on it. Thanks for the pic.

I used mine through this past Chicago winter and never had an issue with salt or snow getting on the carpets.

BTW, im 6'2"

med_gallery_7759_226_57044.jpg

I thought about getting the Weathteck mats for my wife's Edge. but haven't yet... I am suprised the 'dead pedal' is not covered by the mat... Have you given this feedback to Weathertech? I've purchased their Bugsheilds (3 of them) and couldn't be happier. When I spoke w/ their customer service folks, they did seem interested in making sure I was happy..

Good luck...

My only concern is the dead peddle area, wife has a habit of putting her feet on it and if part is exposed the carpet will get soiled, will have to make sure she does put her dirty shoes on it. Thanks for the pic.

You are absolutely correct. I installed my WeatherTechs in the dead of winter and noticed right off that that area is unprotected. It is also where i rest my foot. So, it is dirty and will get dirty year around. I use Scotch spray on carpet shampoo and vacuum. Other than that the WeatherTechs are excellent.

I dislike the knurley truckers look of the Husky. You will never see them in my Edge. :mellow:

What about the rear mats and cargo liner? Any complaints or kudos?

I haven't bought the rears but they look short also, doesn't go under the front seat far enough for my liking, the huskies look better. For the cargo I just bought a burber carpet and cut it to fit, From what I have seen and heard the cargo mat works great.

Edited by 1duFos

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't bought the rears but they look short also, doesn't go under the front seat far enough for my liking, the huskies look better. For the cargo I just bought a burber carpet and cut it to fit, From what I have seen and heard the cargo mat works great.

We just bought the wife a new Edge and got the Weathertech cargo liner for it and my Grand Cherokee. They work great! Pity I can't say the same about the Edge - its in the shop for a check engine light and engine idling problem after only 450 km. Yikes. I guess there is something in all those jokes about what "FORD" is short for...

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Weather tech cargo mat and was more than pleased with the fit and design. I also purchased the all weather floor mats (not the liners) and the fit is to spec. The dead dead pedal area is completely covered and there is a slit that allows the rest of the mat to sit flat on the floor. They are much better than a set of Highland mats I had in my Dodge.