2008 Ford Edge AWD recieved hitch on FRONT

I want to put a 2" hitch on the front of my vehicle for two reasons:

1) If I do get stuck (not offroading, but for hunting trips on forest service roads), I'd like to have a place on the front to be pulled out from.

2) Same situation, I'd like to have a place to plug in a winch to pull with.

We hunted last year, got into some terrible road conditions and were barely able to get out (actually got stuck twice). We were in a FWD Edge and were stuck right in the middle of the road. Had the rear wheels been pulling at all - even occasionally we probably wouldn't have had any problems, but I don't want to take any chances in the future.

I was so impressed with these vehicles that I bought an AWD model and don't really anticipate any problems.

Thank ya'll,

NitroSteel

If any of you have done this, I'd be interested in seeing pictures. I've got a pretty good bit of metal working tools to work with and feel like I can probably duplicate anything out there, but I'm not very creative...

NitroSteel

Wouldn't it be easier to mount a tow hook instead of a complete hitch? Just a thought.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...