VIN location forum LOCKED?

wilsons66604

I havent tried again yet on the vin site, since I saw your locked and other threads, but it would be a shame for cyberdman to be possibly be punished for the good deeds that he has done. I do think that people may have started flooding it recently. Most people found the site their own way. Once people starting posting links and instructions everywhere else, it seems to have really Popped over there. That attracks bad stuff from management usually, since it is an employee visited site and probably watched by somebody that said something. Cant blame them either.

On the other hand, When I placed my order, I was told 6 to 8 weeks. Yesterday the 14th was officially 4 (yes FOUR) months in waiting (like MANY of us). I think there is something to be said about us few that have waited this LONG and held off just getting something more convenient. Many of us had to wait for ordering to open, just to place the order. It has been long, we have been very patient, they have built a strong product (from reports and current owners that are lucky enough to have their new 2011s already).

I vote YEAH to cyberdman. He is keeping our faith alive and is a Positive representative for FORD. If he gets in trouble, then BOO to Ford caring about customers, especially those patient and dedicated ones.

I am sure that this view is seconded by many.

Edited by mleber

What usually happens is some dealer gets upset and complains - probably because they lied to the customer about the order and got caught on it. Or a customer complains to Ford about their order using this info.

The problem is the ordering system is setup for dealers, not customers. Ford has to walk a fine line with customers because ultimately the dealers are their customers and they're limited by franchise laws as to what they can do.

People point to Amazon and being able to get exact status on their order including delivery info but that's not the right analogy. The analogy is you order a Sony TV from Amazon and they have to order it from the factory in japan. Now you go and call the factory in Japan wanting to know when your TV will be shipped and where it is. That part of the business is not setup to handle customer inquiries about TVs that they manufacture and ship to Amazon.

It would be nice if we could order directly from Ford - then it would be a whole different ballgame. But unless you can convince the lawmakers in all states to repeal the antiquated auto dealer franchise laws it won't happen.

I asked cyberdman about the "lock" and this is what he wrote back.

It isn't locked, they just finally put some well-needed and long-overdue controls on this forum so that you can't just sign up for the forums to start bombarding this request forum and then leave forever when you're done with us. This request forum is a privilege, not a right and not to abuse for your own personal needs. You need to already be an active forum member to use this forum. Right now it is only set at 10 posts, personally I think that is too low, but at least it is something.

Unfortunately this forum and that forum don't share so there's no way to know how long you've been a member here. I actually joined that forum first when I was looking for info about my Edge. I found this forum later.

I asked cyberdman about the "lock" and this is what he wrote back.

It isn't locked, they just finally put some well-needed and long-overdue controls on this forum so that you can't just sign up for the forums to start bombarding this request forum and then leave forever when you're done with us. This request forum is a privilege, not a right and not to abuse for your own personal needs. You need to already be an active forum member to use this forum. Right now it is only set at 10 posts, personally I think that is too low, but at least it is something.

Unfortunately this forum and that forum don't share so there's no way to know how long you've been a member here. I actually joined that forum first when I was looking for info about my Edge. I found this forum later.

Interesting. I wonder where the 10 limit comes in. I haven't posted that many.

Edit

Oh, I see now, I need to have some(10) posts elsewhere on the forum

Well, I have 11 posts and that didn't help.

Edited by wilsons66604