A little 2011 Kona Blue Sport photo shoot!

codyyfz

Ohh sweetness - maybe i found somepeople who can give me a straight answer....

I live in FL - LOVEBUGS...they stick to your car like freaking glue in teh summer heat and unless you powerspray your car everyday you can easily ruin a paint job - any suggestions for keeping those slimy buggers off the car (i tried the swerving technique - didnt work well and the on-coming traffic didnt like it much either.)

I have always tried to keep my past vechiles cleaned and waxed - was at least once a week - wax normally twice a year with a quality carwax (Meguiar's usually) I have tried several of the citrus based "bug" removers but have yet to find something that works well

I live in FL - LOVEBUGS...they stick to your car like freaking glue in teh summer heat and unless you powerspray your car everyday you can easily ruin a paint job - any suggestions for keeping those slimy buggers off the car (i tried the swerving technique - didnt work well and the on-coming traffic didnt like it much either.)

I have always tried to keep my past vechiles cleaned and waxed - was at least once a week - wax normally twice a year with a quality carwax (Meguiar's usually) I have tried several of the citrus based "bug" removers but have yet to find something that works well

I'm not a detailer but I've heard of people spraying PAM or even WD40 on their car. Ha, Not me!

They also make a 3M film you could apply.

One thing about the BAG (Big A$$ Grill) is that there is less paint to catch bugs with. Chrome may be easier to keep clean.

I'm not a detailer but I've heard of people spraying PAM or even WD40 on their car. Ha, Not me!

They also make a 3M film you could apply.

One thing about the BAG (Big A$$ Grill) is that there is less paint to catch bugs with. Chrome may be easier to keep clean.

Want to hear something really funny - i know someone who actually tried the WD40 trick! and NO it doesnt work.... :hysterical:

I would try a synthetic hard sealant like Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or Griot's Garage Paint Sealant. It only needs to be applied one or two times per year, and it should make it a little easier to get the bugs off. If you want to go for full protection and shine, do like I do and apply the Sealant, let it haze, remove it, let it cure for a day, then go back and lay a carnauba wax over it for deep shine.

I would try a synthetic hard sealant like Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or Griot's Garage Paint Sealant. It only needs to be applied one or two times per year, and it should make it a little easier to get the bugs off. If you want to go for full protection and shine, do like I do and apply the Sealant, let it haze, remove it, let it cure for a day, then go back and lay a carnauba wax over it for deep shine.

Perfect advice. My sealant of choice is Menzerna FMJ. I'll add to your advice and recommend picking up a Quick Detailer like Poorboys Spray & Wipe. A QD like this has lubricants in it and can be used on an unclean paint surface without harming your paint. It would come in handy for removing bugs, bird bombs, etc.

Edited by CanuckG35
  • Like 1

Perfect advice. My sealant of choice is Menzerna FMJ. I'll add to your advice and recommend picking up a Quick Detailer like Poorboys Spray & Wipe. A QD like this has lubricants in it and can be used on an unclean paint surface without harming your paint. It would come in handy for removing bugs, bird bombs, etc.

+1 on QD. Hey Canuck, in your experience with that Poorboy's Wheel Glaze, how long does it take to properly haze? It'll be showing up today and I need to plan around taking wheels off as I'm also applying my final coat of wax today. Thanks!