A little 2011 Kona Blue Sport photo shoot!

codyyfz

Really nice pictures! I think i'm about to pull the trigger on a white Sport AWD. I like how you captured available light with the headlights and DRLs.

Question for you: I'm a little sad that the Sport can't get HID headlights, and i've had Xenons in various cars for years. I understand these are a fairly new bulb application for the projector halogens.

What's your impression of the headlight coverage and color, and how would you say it compares to HID (if you've ever had in the past)?

thanks!

Really nice pictures! I think i'm about to pull the trigger on a white Sport AWD. I like how you captured available light with the headlights and DRLs.

Question for you: I'm a little sad that the Sport can't get HID headlights, and i've had Xenons in various cars for years. I understand these are a fairly new bulb application for the projector halogens.

What's your impression of the headlight coverage and color, and how would you say it compares to HID (if you've ever had in the past)?

thanks!

I had HIDs on the BMW X5. These are fine. You wont miss the HIDs. I was upset too that I couldn't get it but now I am adequately satisfied.

Great pics and a fantastic ride! Congrats on the purchase!

You mentioned that you will start detailing soon, what will your detailing process and products used be? As a professional detailer myself, I always find it interesting to hear what other people's detailing process is.

Thanks Canuck! I'll be hand washing and drying of course. Then I'll Clay the paint (already clayed the glass) and polish any swirls and toweling marks out with Griot's Machine Polish 3 and my 6" and 3" Griot's Random Orbitals. I have a Pre-Wax Cleanser that removes any old wax and leftover polish. From there I'll use Griot's Paint Sealant, let it cure for a day and finish up with a coat of Best-Of-Show wax for the shine. All the obvious stuff is already done, seats cleaned and conditioned, tires dressed (of course I'll have to re-do that). The only thing I don't have that I want to do is wheel glaze. These wheels are so nice that I have to get protectant on them and I don't trust paint wax on them.

• Like 1

Thanks Canuck! I'll be hand washing and drying of course. Then I'll Clay the paint (already clayed the glass) and polish any swirls and toweling marks out with Griot's Machine Polish 3 and my 6" and 3" Griot's Random Orbitals. I have a Pre-Wax Cleanser that removes any old wax and leftover polish. From there I'll use Griot's Paint Sealant, let it cure for a day and finish up with a coat of Best-Of-Show wax for the shine. All the obvious stuff is already done, seats cleaned and conditioned, tires dressed (of course I'll have to re-do that). The only thing I don't have that I want to do is wheel glaze. These wheels are so nice that I have to get protectant on them and I don't trust paint wax on them.

Good stuff, it's nice to see others with solid detailing practices!! B)

As for your wheels (and I completely agree that they are sweet), I would recommend either Poorboys World Wheel Sealant or Wheel Wax. Both are equally top notch wheel sealants, but I would give a slight nod to the Poorboys for ease of use.

As for your wheels (and I completely agree that they are sweet), I would recommend either Poorboys World Wheel Sealant or Wheel Wax. Both are equally top notch wheel sealants, but I would give a slight nod to the Poorboys for ease of use.

I've heard that Poorboys is the way to go. I'll be ordering some before winter because I don't plan on swapping wheels when the snow flies. Thanks for that recommendation!

WOW is right!

There is a lot to detailing a car.

What are your impressions of the paint job on your Edge?

I gave up trying to detail my 07 Camry. The paint & clear coat were so thin. If I looked at it wrong, it would scratch.

Looking forward to areal paint job on this Edge.

BTW, cyberdman just informed me that my ride was put on a transport last night. The ramp is about 65 miles away so ..... will I get it today??

WOW is right!

There is a lot to detailing a car.

What are your impressions of the paint job on your Edge?

I gave up trying to detail my 07 Camry. The paint & clear coat were so thin. If I looked at it wrong, it would scratch.

Looking forward to areal paint job on this Edge.

BTW, cyberdman just informed me that my ride was put on a transport last night. The ramp is about 65 miles away so ..... will I get it today??

He updated me too!!!! it is in the PORT OF ANCHORAGE! I can look out my office window and pretend to see it. Oh how long does it take to get a boat unloaded and drive the truck of cars about 50 miles.... oh my, I WANT!

He updated me too!!!! it is in the PORT OF ANCHORAGE! I can look out my office window and pretend to see it. Oh how long does it take to get a boat unloaded and drive the truck of cars about 50 miles.... oh my, I WANT!

Choff

I am so excited for you! :happy feet: I hope they get that boat unloaded quickly!

I'm sure you are dying... it's so close and yet you can't drive it yet! That's how I felt when mine was at the distribution center 20 miles away for 3 days!

Believe me it's worth the wait!

My 8 year old nephew was most impressed with the ambient lighting this past weekend. He thought it was coo! :rockon:

I ordered the 8oz. Wheel Sealant plus three foam wax applicator pads (don't want to use my nice orbital pads for the wheels). What's your application process for the Sealant?

Good stuff, I am sure you will really like the stuff. Regarding the application, I apply the wheel sealants with a slightly damp foam applicator. Let dry to a haze and wipe of with an MF towel. :)