Window Deflectors

bpattie

I need to get some window deflectors. Besides it aiding the defrost process in the Winter, I use them often in the Summer to leave windows cracked a little when leaving parked. I have them on other vehicles and have always had the stick on that fit just above the window opening. Have seen the WeatherTech though that are in channel. Reading some reviews they sound like they may be a little tricky to install but I am willing to give it a try. Just wondering Pros and Cons of in channel vs. stick on. In channel seems like it may be better??????

I need to get some window deflectors. Besides it aiding the defrost process in the Winter, I use them often in the Summer to leave windows cracked a little when leaving parked. I have them on other vehicles and have always had the stick on that fit just above the window opening. Have seen the WeatherTech though that are in channel. Reading some reviews they sound like they may be a little tricky to install but I am willing to give it a try. Just wondering Pros and Cons of in channel vs. stick on. In channel seems like it may be better??????

I ordered a set from Weathertech on 9/6 and a couple of days later got an email saying they were backordered 2-3 weeks. Still waiting. Of course now it looks like we're through with our 90 degree plus days, go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Ā 

I have a set of WeatherTech on my 08 Ford Edge. Installation is not that hard. Just take your time and be carefull the first time you put the windows up to make sure they seat properly. They look good on the car. I didnt like the exterior version as it coveres the door frame paint and it looks like an add on. Also bought them for my wifes 2004 TSX. It is a quality product.

Ā 

PS: The only thing I did was to remove the "WeatherTech" decals. Use a little auto adhesive remover. Good luck!!

Edited by Hirpms55

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a heads up, I ordered a set of these on Sept. 6th and they've been backordered twice, first to Oct 20th and as of a phone call today, now shipping on Nov. 12th. I'll believe it when they show up on my doorstep. Didn't have this kind of trouble with the floor mat set I ordered from them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get a set of deflectors for my '09. When I have the front driver's side window down and run the windshield washer there tends to be a dribble inside the car. But the Weather Tech units look like they would have the same problem, as it flares down into the channel and would still allow the water to run inside.