Auto Start

choff1138

I am just wondering if anyone has done any tests on the distance that you can be from the car and still successfully start it? I am thinking that I will have someone sit at my desk at work and try and start it while I move the car to different locations to determine where I should plan on parking in our parking garage. Getting close to wanting to warm it up before leaving the building at night. Already time to warm it up in the morning, but that is close.

I was wondering the same. No max distance is in any of the manuals. This document from Ford's media site is the only place I saw a distance of 300ft.

WOOOO Wait a minute - my steering wheel will heat up? OMG I thought I was in love this morning driving in, but now the sheet says my steering wheel will warm up? I may have to leave it out of the garage tonight to try this out in the morning. It was only 28 out so definitely cold enough to test.

WOOOO Wait a minute - my steering wheel will heat up? OMG I thought I was in love this morning driving in, but now the sheet says my steering wheel will warm up? I may have to leave it out of the garage tonight to try this out in the morning. It was only 28 out so definitely cold enough to test.

Sorry, no, I don't think so. MKXs have heated steering wheels. Edges do not. (They also have heated + cooled seats, which the Edge does not.)

So I don't know distance - but I can start it from 15 floors up into a cement parking garage - as long as it is parked on the same side of the building that I am looking out of. In other words, I have found the perfect spot to park, stay out of the snow, it is a spot and a half (because of a post) and I can sit at my desk and start it before leaving at night. That is all I was concerned about. :) Hope everyone else is able to find their sweet spot.

The menu for Remote Start has a "Quiet Start" option but haven't been able to figure out what that means.

One suggestion that the radio would be offf if "Quiet Start" was set. On my car, the radio is off on both settings.

Anybody got any ideas on what this is?

Points off for not reading your manual!!! :redcard:

p 138 mentions this

To help make the vehicle as comfortable as possible, the engine idle can

be increased during a remote start. You can enable or disable engine idle

increase by selecting Remote Start Quiet in the message center. Refer to

Message center in the Instrument Cluster chapter.

Points off for not reading your manual!!! :redcard:

p 138 mentions this

To help make the vehicle as comfortable as possible, the engine idle can

be increased during a remote start. You can enable or disable engine idle

increase by selecting Remote Start Quiet in the message center. Refer to

Message center in the Instrument Cluster chapter.

Silly me. I was searching the PDF manual for the text that I saw on the menu. Looks like they used different verbiage in the manual

Thanks! :doh:

They don't actually say but I would assume the Quiet mode off will allow the engine to idle faster.

Edited by wilsons66604

Silly me. I was searching the PDF manual for the text that I saw on the menu. Looks like they used different verbiage in the manual

Thanks! :doh:

They don't actually say but I would assume the Quiet mode off will allow the engine to idle faster.

Wow - way for me to be sooooo off on my call about the radio...