Ford Edge: No rebates

robertlane

• 5 weeks later...
Ford will launch the Edge and MKX without rebates on the hood, which is the way it should be with any new vehicle anyway.

article link

yeah but price is way out of wack !! just left the dealer ship on top of being over month delayed now not till mid decemeber or later.. price on a 2yr lease for a Edge 424 a month crazy for a 28,000 car.. i don;t care how great it is.... going to lease a freestyle or another explorer... or maybe fusion .. have to wait for bettter price in 2 years..

yeah but price is way out of wack !! just left the dealer ship on top of being over month delayed now not till mid decemeber or later.. price on a 2yr lease for a Edge 424 a month crazy for a 28,000 car.. i don;t care how great it is.... going to lease a freestyle or another explorer... or maybe fusion .. have to wait for bettter price in 2 years..

Is this CAD or USD?

• 2 weeks later...
Lease rates, I think, are quite good. This is what's being offered in Canada based on 25,000km's/year...

Lease rates based on 25,000km's/year

Months 24

Rate 2.9

Residual% 64

Months 30

Rate 3.9

Residual% 59

Months 36

Rate 3.9

Residual% 54

Months 48

Rate 4.9

Residual% 46

SE 36 Month - $361.53 (X-Plan)

SEL 36 Month - $387.96 (X-Plan)

My wife is starting to give me s*** that I didn't get the Envoy for $310/month. She said "we could of got an extra $50 worth of gas a month". She isn't that impressed with the gas millage over our explorer or the envoy and seeing we only have 21,000 miles on our current 24 month lease (we've extended it about three months now waiting on our edge) maybe gas millage doesn't matter that much. Either way, the lease is around what we are paying on our two year lease on our Explorer. Oh wait, wasn't our 2004 - 4 door Explorer Sport OVER $30,000!!! We waited this long I think we are going to take the Edge and forget about it. I "MIGHT" for the hell of it call about Freestyle Rates. We don't need 6-7 seats but it might be nice.

Anyone actually sit in a SE model yet? We have a choice between the two. We put a connivence package and tow package in the SE and on the SEL we put a tow package, 18" aluminum rims & rear sensor. I'm curious on the main difference or if the cloth sucks in the SE. We will see. I sure hope Ford doesn't mess up the launch by not at least giving me $250 for Lease Loyalty. I mean, if they aren't giving me that why shouldn't I double check pricing on Pacifica's, Torrents, Equanox. By moving to a competitor I am getting screwed over as well and NOT getting loyalty. I can get this treatment anywhere. I might even drive a Minivan from Chrysler or GM if I could get a $200-$250 lease like my friend who has a Town and Country w/ Aluminum rims and premium stereo and stow and go seating for around $200 w/ $500 down (so that's about $$220-$225 without anything down).

Wonder if Ford will offer rebates in January. I'm 1/2 tempted to turn in my explorer this month and not have a car for 30 days IF my dealership will hold the SEL for me until January incentives arrive.

Who knows, even though my car has been built and is a holding facility I might not see it until February. :)

Bill

Is this CAD or USD?

Sorry that was Us Dollars and rates whwre not that good and edge was delayed, i could not get it even if i wanted to now.. so we leased a freestyle , like it a lot , hope rates will be better in 2 years if Ford is still around.. ?? but yes it was US money 424.00 month zero down A plan and 1st payment

Sorry that was Us Dollars and rates whwre not that good and edge was delayed, i could not get it even if i wanted to now.. so we leased a freestyle , like it a lot , hope rates will be better in 2 years if Ford is still around.. ?? but yes it was US money 424.00 month zero down A plan and 1st payment

Oh yeah that was for a SEL FWD no glass roof and just standard stuff just had seat package and think better radio he had a invoice on it.. and vin # but no car yet i did not purchase from that dealer so if anyone was thinking he just wanted to unload a car.. went to differant ford dealer and he didn't even have invoices yet , we looked at a mazda liked that but i,m a ford man and could not purchase it.. even thou Ford owns half of them . we purchased the FREESTYLE SEL FWD and wife loves it.. with auto starter and zero down not even first payment only 308.00 month and getting 20 MPG in city and about 24 highway.. woould have gotten the LIMITED but most of them where gone or to loaded up with DVD Players ETC>>> hope that helps... hope someone that gets there EDGE posts real price of what they paid... hope for Ford's Sake they put a little rebate on them or no rebate but good lease rate in the 300's .. or more bad news for ford..

No kidding!!!

I got tired of waiting (4 months!!!) and after my dealer told me my Edge was built, but sitting in a holding area "for god knows how long", I bought an '06 Fully loaded, V-8 Explorer, 4x4 for $30,500 delivered, (from NJ, I live in Boston) I got a better deal, less $$ and.................I HAVE THE CAR NOW!!!!

Way to go Ford!!!!

Another late, late, late release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 10 million dollars a day in losses, by delaying this vehicle, I think you dropped the ball!!??????????

BWTHDIK!!!!!

No kidding!!!

I got tired of waiting (4 months!!!) and after my dealer told me my Edge was built, but sitting in a holding area "for god knows how long", I bought an '06 Fully loaded, V-8 Explorer, 4x4 for $30,500 delivered, (from NJ, I live in Boston) I got a better deal, less $$ and.................I HAVE THE CAR NOW!!!!

Way to go Ford!!!!

At 10 million dollars a day in losses, by delaying this vehicle, I think you dropped the ball!!??????????

BWTHDIK!!!!!

WOW, you guys waited this long and couldn't wait a couple of more weeks. I am about ready to call myself and get pricing on a similarly equipped Freestyle and an Explorer. However I don't like either as much as I like the edge and I'm sick of driving my current explorer. If by January 1st Ford doesn't have my car to me or a firm delivery date I will be walking to the nearest GM dealer or Chrysler dealer and never look back.

Redfire Edge checking back in to see how you guys are doing...

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are still without your Edges! It's pretty incredible.

I don't care how good the vehicle quality ends up being when the Edge finally is released. The Negative Word of Mouth generated so far by this launch is not good! :banghead: Unfortunately, this has put dealers in an akward position. So, even more discontent has been bred. It's going to take a major spin doctor to fix this one.

I do Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty research for a living. This one will be one for the story books for sure. :stop: BTW iforku - Customer-centric companies (e.g. SUCCESSFUL companies) are usually pretty thankful for "whiners" like us. Having ran the Office of the President (Complaint Resolution) group for a global company, I know full well that knowing what pleases customers and what P****S them off helps companies not only stay ahead of the competition but stay in business.

A lot of this could have been mitigated by open dialogue with Edge's early adopters (pre-order customers). Keep us up to date. Don't give us excuses. We'll respect you more for being honest and we'll stay customers.

I am even more persuaded that my decision to put a little "Zoom Zoom" in my life was a wise choice. :yup:

Good then you can go on the chrysler forum and whine about how crap their quality is!!You guys that buy vehicles without ever even road testing them are wackos anyway!!

Actually, I will not buy a Chrysler. I hate Chrysler's. My mom has owned Chrysler's since 1987 and seeing they didn't have the new Sebring Convertible out yet she bought a G6 Convertible. I would say that after seeing the Sebring 2007 (or was it a 2008) Convertible I would say that it was a wise choice. Seeing Chrysler fumble around at releasing the new convertible I would say that Ford isn't the only one that has problem releasing a new vehicle.

My understanding is that the Fusion and Zepher was released 2 months late to the public. However, it is also my understanding is that it was the most successful launch in Ford's history due to the fact that they didn't have any problems (At least no major ones that the media knows about). No recalls and No Unhappy customers. Ford wants the Edge to follow the success of that launch.

Oh, and I drove an Edge at a Ride and Drive event. Yes it was a closed coarse but it was a very nice vehicle and drove very very nice. They had other vehicles there and I would say that the Edge drove better than MOST if not ALL of the Fords.

I'm waiting for my Edge. However, what is frustrating is that Ford CANNOT get me a firm release date. My vehicle has been built for over 2-3 weeks and I keep hearing that Ford will start shipping them to the dealerships the week of the 18th however I might not see mine until the first week of January. What?

What is more frustrating is that no one really has a vehicle like the edge yet. The Torrent and Equinox are both decent vehicles but lack the power a vehicle needs of that size. Saturn Vue's are ok but they don't look as good as the Edge. So, I'll wait for my Edge. I just hope all this waiting "MAYBE" Ford will at least give me Loyalty cash. Ford has done this to me on 2 out of 4 of my Leases and it's not a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that I'm treated no different than new customers.

If I was a stock holder I would be even more upset. However, I think once it released people will forget about the frustration we are all experiencing.

Bill

Redfire Edge checking back in to see how you guys are doing...

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are still without your Edges! It's pretty incredible.

I don't care how good the vehicle quality ends up being when the Edge finally is released. The Negative Word of Mouth generated so far by this launch is not good! :banghead: Unfortunately, this has put dealers in an akward position. So, even more discontent has been bred. It's going to take a major spin doctor to fix this one.

I do Customer Satisfaction & Loyalty research for a living. This one will be one for the story books for sure. :stop: BTW iforku - Customer-centric companies (e.g. SUCCESSFUL companies) are usually pretty thankful for "whiners" like us. Having ran the Office of the President (Complaint Resolution) group for a global company, I know full well that knowing what pleases customers and what P****S them off helps companies not only stay ahead of the competition but stay in business.

A lot of this could have been mitigated by open dialogue with Edge's early adopters (pre-order customers). Keep us up to date. Don't give us excuses. We'll respect you more for being honest and we'll stay customers.

I am even more persuaded that my decision to put a little "Zoom Zoom" in my life was a wise choice. :yup:

No kidding!!!

Way to go Ford!!!!

BWTHDIK!!!!!

Whatever, they still got your money.

Oh yeah that was for a SEL FWD no glass roof and just standard stuff just had seat package and think better radio he had a invoice on it.. and vin # but no car yet i did not purchase from that dealer so if anyone was thinking he just wanted to unload a car.. went to differant ford dealer and he didn't even have invoices yet , we looked at a mazda liked that but i,m a ford man and could not purchase it.. even thou Ford owns half of them . we purchased the FREESTYLE SEL FWD and wife loves it.. with auto starter and zero down not even first payment only 308.00 month and getting 20 MPG in city and about 24 highway.. woould have gotten the LIMITED but most of them where gone or to loaded up with DVD Players ETC>>> hope that helps... hope someone that gets there EDGE posts real price of what they paid... hope for Ford's Sake they put a little rebate on them or no rebate but good lease rate in the 300's .. or more bad news for ford..

It seems you probably don't know how a lease is calculated. $424.00/month for a 24 month lease is not bad. If you tried to purchase that same $28,000 car at the same 2.9% interest rate your payment would be over $1200/month. If the residual value at 24 months is 64%, then you're basically financing about $10,000 for 24 months. How can you say lease rates are not that good? I wouldn't call 2.9%, "not that good". You seem to be confusing lease rate with monthly payment. If you determine the quality of a deal by the monthly payment, then you probably wouldn't know a good deal if it were staring you in the face.

It seems you probably don't know how a lease is calculated. $424.00/month for a 24 month lease is not bad. If you tried to purchase that same $28,000 car at the same 2.9% interest rate your payment would be over $1200/month. If the residual value at 24 months is 64%, then you're basically financing about $10,000 for 24 months. How can you say lease rates are not that good? I wouldn't call 2.9%, "not that good". You seem to be confusing lease rate with monthly payment. If you determine the quality of a deal by the monthly payment, then you probably wouldn't know a good deal if it were staring you in the face.

I seriously doubt that it will retain 64% of it's value after two years....

I seriously doubt that it will retain 64% of it's value after two years....

sranger, I'm thinking..if you top out the milage at 30,000 over 2 years, (assuming they give you 15,000 p/year)

do you think the Edge could still be worth $18k-22k??

Another assumption I'm making, is the car in great shape..body and mechanics??

It might be close to that number, but I'm sure, Ford, in their zeal to put the best possible spin on it, gave the highest number (%).

Just a thought.

sranger, I'm thinking..if you top out the milage at 30,000 over 2 years, (assuming they give you 15,000 p/year)

do you think the Edge could still be worth $18k-22k??

Another assumption I'm making, is the car in great shape..body and mechanics??

It might be close to that number, but I'm sure, Ford, in their zeal to put the best possible spin on it, gave the highest number (%).

Just a thought.

From an article in October:

Along with the strong Internet interest and dealer orders, Ford said the Automotive Lease Guide, which sets the residual values of vehicles, has ranked the Edge the highest in its segment. That means it should retain more of its value longer, something consumers consider important.

Ford says an Edge SEL with all-wheel drive will offer a best-in-class residual value of 51 percent after three years, quoting ALG numbers.

"We're also seeing strong forecasts of 48 to 49 percent on Ford Edge (front-wheel drive) models," said Cisaurk, who attributes the vehicle's high residual marks to Ford's pricing strategy of offering more standard features.

That compares to residual values after three years of 48 percent for the all-wheel drive Nissan Murano SL, 43 percent for the all-wheel drive Pontiac Torrent AWD and 47 percent for four-wheel drive Toyota Highlander LTD.

• 1 month later...
From an article in October:

Along with the strong Internet interest and dealer orders, Ford said the Automotive Lease Guide, which sets the residual values of vehicles, has ranked the Edge the highest in its segment. That means it should retain more of its value longer, something consumers consider important.

Ford says an Edge SEL with all-wheel drive will offer a best-in-class residual value of 51 percent after three years, quoting ALG numbers.

"We're also seeing strong forecasts of 48 to 49 percent on Ford Edge (front-wheel drive) models," said Cisaurk, who attributes the vehicle's high residual marks to Ford's pricing strategy of offering more standard features.

That compares to residual values after three years of 48 percent for the all-wheel drive Nissan Murano SL, 43 percent for the all-wheel drive Pontiac Torrent AWD and 47 percent for four-wheel drive Toyota Highlander LTD.

Well, I think you are listening to somthing that is more marketing hype than reality. I think the Edge will do well in the first 1/2 of the year and taper off quickly as the new 2008 Hylander, GM Acadia, Saturn Outlook and even the Mazda CX-9 are introduced into the market. It sold well in Janurary with 5000 units sold. The key sale figures will be March - May...

To be honest, I hope I am wrong...