I'm in Love

NewEdgeForMe

Oh my! Picked up my 2011 SEL AWD this afternoon. 202a package with navigation and trailer tow package. Will use the technology a lot for my job. Drive approximately 25K a year for work.

It's such a little thing, but I love the ambient lighting!

I only have one minor complaint, my Edge came with a front license plate bracket, probably because it was sold to a dealer in Illinois, I'm in Michigan and we don't use front plates. They actually drilled holes :eek5: in my nice shinny chrome bumper! I guess my only solution is to remove it and put chrome plugs in the holes.

Edited by NewEdgeForMe

Oh my! Picked up my 2011 SEL AWD this afternoon. 202a package with navigation and trailer tow package. Will use the technology a lot for my job. Drive approximately 25K a year for work.

I only have one minor complaint, my Edge came with a front license plate bracket, probably because it was sold to a dealer in Illinois, I'm in Michigan and we don't use front plates. They actually drilled holes :eek5: in my nice shinny chrome bumper! I guess my only solution is to remove it and put chrome plugs in the holes.

Congrats, yes - I think we all wish there weren't front plates with this car. If you special ordered it and didn't ask for front plate brackets, some people have been able to get the dealer to order you a new grill. Or someone got the painted grill to match the car that looks pretty sweet. We have front plates in Alaska so out of luck for me. Oh well. What color are you keeping your ambient lighting on. My daughter has picked green though if she isn't going to be in the car with me for a while I switch back to purple. I love that feature too.

Welcome to the club!

Hi NewEdge. :D Congratulations on your new Edge!

Just another option concerning the bracket holes: If you would like something less visible than chrome plugs, you can purchase plain black plugs and a can of color matching spray paint and paint the plugs to match your car. It has been done by others in the past and the spray paint/plugs would be available at any top notch automotive store.

Good luck. :beerchug:

The holes are IN the chrome part of the front bumper/grill. If I got black ones and painted them, they would really be noticable on the chrome.

Hi NewEdge. :D Congratulations on your new Edge!

Just another option concerning the bracket holes: If you would like something less visible than chrome plugs, you can purchase plain black plugs and a can of color matching spray paint and paint the plugs to match your car. It has been done by others in the past and the spray paint/plugs would be available at any top notch automotive store.

So far I love the dark blue ambient lighting. But I have only had the car since yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to drive with all the different colors at night. Oh, and I got the bordeaux red paint color with black leather interior. I was going back and forth between the bordeaux red and tuxedo black. Glad I choose wine over licorice :yup:

Congrats, yes - I think we all wish there weren't front plates with this car. If you special ordered it and didn't ask for front plate brackets, some people have been able to get the dealer to order you a new grill. Or someone got the painted grill to match the car that looks pretty sweet. We have front plates in Alaska so out of luck for me. Oh well. What color are you keeping your ambient lighting on. My daughter has picked green though if she isn't going to be in the car with me for a while I switch back to purple. I love that feature too.

Welcome to the club!

So far I love the dark blue ambient lighting. But I have only had the car since yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to drive with all the different colors at night. Oh, and I got the bordeaux red paint color with black leather interior. I was going back and forth between the bordeaux red and tuxedo black. Glad I choose wine over licorice :yup:

Yep - I got the wine with black too - love it. I think I would have liked them all. I really wanted the Mediterranean blue, but wanted the Limited more. Make sure you check out the 2011 edge section - lots of info there.

The holes are IN the chrome part of the front bumper/grill. If I got black ones and painted them, they would really be noticable on the chrome.

Hi NewEdge. :D Gotcha. Then chrome certainly makes more sense. I was thinking the plugs were in the body colored part of the bumper like the 2007-2010's. Forgot about the deep, nearly bottom-to-top chrome grill on the 2011's. :banghead:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to remove my front license plate holder for looks. The rivets used to hold it on pop off with a 7/32" drill. You can find a website called bumperplugs.com which sells all colors of matched plugs for license plate holes. I also posted the Ford part number for the replacement bar, 8200e around $171 for chrome, $115 for paint to match.

• 1 month later...

I decided to remove my front license plate holder for looks. The rivets used to hold it on pop off with a 7/32" drill. You can find a website called bumperplugs.com which sells all colors of matched plugs for license plate holes. I also posted the Ford part number for the replacement bar, 8200e around $171 for chrome, $115 for paint to match.

Are you saying that 8200e part replaces part of the grill that was rivited for the bracket??? The dealer mounted the lic bracket on my 2011 sport even though I specefied NO front bracket when I ordered it!