2011 Edge My Ford Touch question

A few questions

How do you fast forward when using USB on this thing? I have some podcast that I want to jump ahead in and can only find play/pause, forward and back track.

Can you set the home screen to default to the wallpaper not the screen that shows a little of everything?

Can it be programmed to have the ac on inside circulation on start? I have to press the button every time I get in the car. (to prevent outside smells, etc, entering the vehicle)

Thanks

A few questions

How do you fast forward when using USB on this thing? I have some podcast that I want to jump ahead in and can only find play/pause, forward and back track.

Can you set the home screen to default to the wallpaper not the screen that shows a little of everything?

Can it be programmed to have the ac on inside circulation on start? I have to press the button every time I get in the car. (to prevent outside smells, etc, entering the vehicle)

Thanks

I did not know the "press and hold" to FF/RW...that is cool info. :doh:

I don't think you can change the default home...it always picks the "middle" option. To see wallpapers, you need to press home, then "top" home option.

I think if you do not have "auto" selected when you turn the car off, it remembers the previous manful settings when you restart (I will confirm this).

if you press and hold the forward or back button's it fast forwards or reverses just like it would on your ipod. the key is to keep holding - if you tap it will just advance. The rest I don't know yet.

This may be true for CDs (dunno, haven't played a CD in my Edge yet), but I've personally never been able to get FF to work when playing from a flash drive over USB. If one has to press and hold a while, it must need to be a loooong while...

I think this might be a bug, and would certainly like FF to work. Even better, if FF could be made to work by pressing on the progress bar, that would be way nice.

--Rick

This may be true for CDs (dunno, haven't played a CD in my Edge yet), but I've personally never been able to get FF to work when playing from a flash drive over USB. If one has to press and hold a while, it must need to be a loooong while...

I think this might be a bug, and would certainly like FF to work. Even better, if FF could be made to work by pressing on the progress bar, that would be way nice.

--Rick

I have an old ipod nano plugged in over USB and I can FF by holding the button. Works just like it does trying ff on an ipod. Doesn't feel like a really long time to me.

I have an old ipod nano plugged in over USB and I can FF by holding the button. Works just like it does trying ff on an ipod. Doesn't feel like a really long time to me.

Well, you are correct. It does FF with an iPod (I tried it with my iPod Touch). But it also takes quite a few seconds before doing much of anything. Would be much better if more responsive.

That said, it DOES NOT FF when playing mp3's off a flash drive. At least not for me...

Edited by rjmccarty

• 3 weeks later...

How do you save songs? I read there is a 10GB hard drive that you can save songs to, I cannot find any where in owners manual? If you can do this HOW??

That was on the pre-2011s with Nav. The Nav had a 10 gb hard drive partition. You could only load it from an audio CD. With the 2011 you can only load songs to a mp3 player or a usb drive (from a computer - not from the vehicle).

• 5 years later...

I would hardly call it fast forward. With the latest software update, Touch frequently loses place in a podcast and re-indexes. Then, it starts playing the first podcast in the index. When I migrate to the one I was listening to previously, the system will only slew forward at a snails pace, i.e. approx 10 seconds / second of holding the FF down. If you are an hour into a two hour podcast, believe me, it takes a long time to get to the left off spot. This software update IMHO was a step backward. And..... you can't return to a previous version. According to Ford costumer service, even the dealer can't return the system to a previous version.

That was on the pre-2011s with Nav. The Nav had a 10 gb hard drive partition. You could only load it from an audio CD. With the 2011 you can only load songs to a mp3 player or a usb drive (from a computer - not from the vehicle).

I have one of the older units with a hard drive. Is it just songs or can one dvd's as well? Edited by enigma-2