Key Slot

3-mer

Does anyone know where the key slot is located for the 2011 with remote start? The manual says center console, but I cannot find it?

WOW, I thought that was a good question, I did not know it had that, though I hoped it would. I went and looked and could not find it either. In reading the manual, it says the ket that is part of the intelligent access package only unlocks the doors. I hope I am wrong and someone can point it out, but don't think it has that feature.

Is the original poster asking if there is an actual ignition slot so you can manually crank the vehicle to start it instead of using the push button? Sorry, that's what i understood from reading the question.

If this is not what he meant, can someone answer me if there is? Don't have my car yet but was wondering if there was a way to start car without the push button like the "old fashion" way?

Where the heck do I use that old fashion key that I pull out of the fob?? Are there key holes in the doors? I never paid attention to that.

also

On my hybrid Camry, If the fob battery died, I would need to hold the fob next to the start button for it to let me start the car. On the Edge, I need to hold the fob in the console??

Where the heck do I use that old fashion key that I pull out of the fob?? Are there key holes in the doors? I never paid attention to that.

also

On my hybrid Camry, If the fob battery died, I would need to hold the fob next to the start button for it to let me start the car. On the Edge, I need to hold the fob in the console??

There is a key hole on the driver door and to lock the child locks you use the actual key rather than flip the little switch. Another year or so and I think I might be able to safely leave the kid's door without the safety lock on.

Of course - I went the other way and couldn't even think why there was a key at all - hubby looked at me like I was an idiot (which I was being) he wanted to know how I was getting in the car to pop the hood if the battery was dead. duh. Almost had to just say I wasn't smart enough for this car. I got over it.

There is a key hole on the driver door and to lock the child locks you use the actual key rather than flip the little switch. Another year or so and I think I might be able to safely leave the kid's door without the safety lock on.

Of course - I went the other way and couldn't even think why there was a key at all - hubby looked at me like I was an idiot (which I was being) he wanted to know how I was getting in the car to pop the hood if the battery was dead. duh. Almost had to just say I wasn't smart enough for this car. I got over it.

:doh:

Very good point. I guess the ugly keypad won't help if the battery is dead

Edited by wilsons66604

:doh:

Very good point. I guess the ugly keypad won't help if the battery is dead

Oh that will make me feel so much better if you really mean that Wilson! I really had to ask him what the point was...

Of course a friend got one of the government motors equinox things and we can't even find her battery under the hood - you have to take it to the dealer to have the battery replaced.

Oh that will make me feel so much better if you really mean that Wilson! I really had to ask him what the point was...

Of course a friend got one of the government motors equinox things and we can't even find her battery under the hood - you have to take it to the dealer to have the battery replaced.

At first I thought I will just ignore this one, but had to be honest. I figured it was to allow you to get into car if fob didn't work. I never thought about the dead battery issue either. :banghead:

I found the secret spot in the center console today - I would have never even thought to look for something like this - I probably just would have taken the other car to the store to get batteries to the fob... which brought up another question this morning. I don't see any screws on the fob to get it open to change batteries on it. hum.....

I found the secret spot in the center console today - I would have never even thought to look for something like this - I probably just would have taken the other car to the store to get batteries to the fob... which brought up another question this morning. I don't see any screws on the fob to get it open to change batteries on it. hum.....

I looked and felt around in the console but don't see anything. Where is it?? AND is it an ignition switch that I put the key into?

Back-up method of starting: Your IA key uses a radio frequency signal

to communicate with your vehicle and authorize your vehicle to start

when you press the START/STOP button and apply the brake pedal. If

excessive radio frequency interference is present in the area, or if the

battery in your IA key is low, it may be necessary to start your car by

inserting the IA key in the back-up slot, located in the center console.

Insert the IA key into the slot with buttons facing out and with key ring

up. After inserting the IA key into the back-up slot, use the

START/STOP button and brake pedal to start your vehicle as usual. The

vehicle should respond normally as long as the IA key is in the back-up

slot. Once the vehicle is started, the IA key can be removed from the

back-up slot, if desired.

Page 239 of version 2 owners manual online...

Back-up method of starting: Your IA key uses a radio frequency signal

to communicate with your vehicle and authorize your vehicle to start

when you press the START/STOP button and apply the brake pedal. If

excessive radio frequency interference is present in the area, or if the

battery in your IA key is low, it may be necessary to start your car by

inserting the IA key in the back-up slot, located in the center console.

Insert the IA key into the slot with buttons facing out and with key ring

up. After inserting the IA key into the back-up slot, use the

START/STOP button and brake pedal to start your vehicle as usual. The

vehicle should respond normally as long as the IA key is in the back-up

slot. Once the vehicle is started, the IA key can be removed from the

back-up slot, if desired.

Page 239 of version 2 owners manual online...

Thanks.

and to change the battery, you just pry the fob apart. No screws