Remote engine start

tpm419419

Hello

Having the remote start set to automatic for rear defroster and heated seats. Can someone tell me when they should come on? Is it at 32 degrees because here in NY this morning it was 36 and I could have used it

Thanks

It doesn't say a temp - but it is 22 today here and I turned it on after dropping the kid off at daycare - the car was already warm, but thought I would do a test. I have mine auto for everything and the wind was blowing hard in the car. I am not sure if the seat warmers were on since they had been warm already. I will see what the temp is when I leave at lunch - might do a starter test run....

It doesn't say a temp - but it is 22 today here and I turned it on after dropping the kid off at daycare - the car was already warm, but thought I would do a test. I have mine auto for everything and the wind was blowing hard in the car. I am not sure if the seat warmers were on since they had been warm already. I will see what the temp is when I leave at lunch - might do a starter test run....

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I can't get mine to autostart either. I read that it was the circle with the x2 inside, correct? Maybe I missed something, I tried pushing it twice as I saw and that didn't do a thing.

To start the car click on DOOR LOCK button then hit the 2X button twice (within 5 seconds of each other). So you need to click on a total of 3 times. Door lock, then the 2X button 2 times

I had to show my salesman the same thing

To start the car click on DOOR LOCK button then hit the 2X button twice (within 5 seconds of each other). So you need to click on a total of 3 times. Door lock, then the 2X button 2 times

I had to show my salesman the same thing

Well that explains that. Thank you for the help, I must have missed the part about hitting lock first.

Well that explains that. Thank you for the help, I must have missed the part about hitting lock first.

Being the nerd I am, I've been reading the owner's manual online and noticed about pushing the lock button first. It's misleading on the remote: the icon just shows to push it twice.

Being the nerd I am, I've been reading the owner's manual online and noticed about pushing the lock button first. It's misleading on the remote: the icon just shows to push it twice.

I've had my Edge for a month and OMG! the sticker has already worn off of my remote. How do I remote start again???? :doh:

Edited by wilsons66604