Finally!!! My Satin Edge... enjoy :)

Wow cant get over it. I just got my edge already love it but cant wait to start fixing it up. Want to get it lowered some first I think?

Mine is lowered with the H&R springs, and i am very pleased with it. Along with my 22" wheels, and lower profile tires, my little edgie has alot less pitch and roll. I can hustle the little bread box thru the twisties pretty darn fast! I feel my edge still has a nice ride comfort too. It is definitely alittle more firmer than stock, but i like it much more that way. :) Just fyi

-Cannon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is lowered with the H&R springs, and i am very pleased with it. Along with my 22" wheels, and lower profile tires, my little edgie has alot less pitch and roll. I can hustle the little bread box thru the twisties pretty darn fast! I feel my edge still has a nice ride comfort too. It is definitely alittle more firmer than stock, but i like it much more that way. :) Just fyi

-Cannon

how much did you lower yours? i def think that is the first thing i am going to do it feels so out of control and sways alot so i want to tighten it up. i had 22''s on my magnum that i traded in for this one and i loved them but i was always so terrified when i would drive in the rain. i had low pros on them and it would hydroplane constantly. i want it to look good but i drive with my baby so i want it to still be safe. it rains here alot so i am not sure if i should go with a little bit smaller rim, as much as i dont want to. i think i want to do mine storm trooper style, white with black rims. just got to do something fast its killing me to be driving a normal vehicle!!!

how much did you lower yours? i def think that is the first thing i am going to do it feels so out of control and sways alot so i want to tighten it up. i had 22''s on my magnum that i traded in for this one and i loved them but i was always so terrified when i would drive in the rain. i had low pros on them and it would hydroplane constantly. i want it to look good but i drive with my baby so i want it to still be safe. it rains here alot so i am not sure if i should go with a little bit smaller rim, as much as i dont want to. i think i want to do mine storm trooper style, white with black rims. just got to do something fast its killing me to be driving a normal vehicle!!!

You can get 22s and not hydroplane.

You just have to shell out the cash to get proper tires. Most people that run LARGE rims either don't budget for good tires or accept whatever tires come with the "package" being offered by the Wheel shop. Those generally include the cheapest tire that the shop can squeeze onto the rim. At 22", if you aren't spending at least 150 per tire, you are asking for it. Good tires will run you from 200-300 each.

The Nitto's that LooseCannon is rolling are pretty sweet tires that's run you about $200 a pop.

yeah I live in a little town so there is only one place that might even have tires to fit so most the time I had to take what they had, usually about $150. But that car would eat up the back tires cause they barely fit so I didnt try to spend alot either. Ill have to look into it, I got things to do to it first before I'm getting rims. Thanks for the help atleast I know I have more options than I thought :)

i thought 22" tires cost way more.. $250 is cheap. I have the stock Scorpion Zero things, no idea if they are any good. but i was surprised to see they only list for $250 each. I expected a 22" tire to be $350 a pop minimum.

Edited by jackson5

i thought 22" tires cost way more.. $250 is cheap. I have the stock Scorpion Zero things, no idea if they are any good. but i was surprised to see they only list for $250 each. I expected a 22" tire to be $350 a pop minimum.

Now that 22" are a stock size from factory (optional) and 20" are nearly "normal", tire prices on these have come down. But these are still 22" with some meat. Get a 22" down to 30 series and see what that costs ya.

Pretty much everything "Cal3thousand" said. It all depends on the type of tire you buy. High performance dry tires are just that,.. high performance, for dry pavement. There are tires designed specifically for snow, rain, and dry performance, and the tread and prices vary for each. I don't recall what the exact drop per inches for the H&R springs were, i'm sure it's listed on their site. As you can see from the pics, it didn't "low-rider" drop it tho. LOL

I think the "Storm trooper" idea is AWESOME! Wish i lived near ya and could take your credit card and go do it up for ya! ;)

Keep us posted for sure!

-Cannon

Finally!!! Thought i'd start a new post so people didn't have to keep scrolling thru the past post to get to the pics. I have much better pics coming, these were taken with my iPhone. Hope you guys like. I LOVE it. It turns heads big time! Even i was amazed at how many people have been checking it out.

-Cannon

Nice Job with your own origiallity, very well done and tasteful.

Pretty much everything "Cal3thousand" said. It all depends on the type of tire you buy. High performance dry tires are just that,.. high performance, for dry pavement. There are tires designed specifically for snow, rain, and dry performance, and the tread and prices vary for each. I don't recall what the exact drop per inches for the H&R springs were, i'm sure it's listed on their site. As you can see from the pics, it didn't "low-rider" drop it tho. LOL

I think the "Storm trooper" idea is AWESOME! Wish i lived near ya and could take your credit card and go do it up for ya! ;)

Keep us posted for sure!

-Cannon

I think the H&R springs i was looking at are 1' and 1.5' I just really am trying to find somewhere that i will let work on my car lol. when i had my mustang i didnt have to worry about this cause one of my good friends owned a mustang performance shop so i never paid for labor and they took care of it all for me....now im lost lol. i think i am gonna have to buy the springs myself since they are wanting like $100 more for them if they order them but they are telling me like 6-8 hours labor and they just dont seem about the alignment after that so im not sure. im real into my cars so i really dont like hardly anyone touching them....guess we will see. prolly just end up having to go to houston or dallas since i am there almost every weekend anyway before i will find anywhere that knows anything about.....anything.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate to be the one person on here that doesn't say positive things about the paint but in all honesty I am always impressed by someone who will blaze their own path and all else be damned. I say that if you like it then it is all good. I've done things to my Edge that I am quite sure not everyone would like or appreciate. Anyhow, I would call yours the Call of Duty edition Edge.