how many plan to keep Sirius

bpattie

How many plan to keep Sirius  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many Plan to keep Sirius

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

thought I would start a new topic. How many of you plan to keep Sirius after the 6 months free. Personally I love several of the stations. I have tons of music but I think it is the unknown of what will play next that is part of the enjoyment. SO I am on the fence. They do have some relatively inexpensive options. If I drove more it would likely be a no brainer for me.

thought I would start a new topic. How many of you plan to keep Sirius after the 6 months free. Personally I love several of the stations. I have tons of music but I think it is the unknown of what will play next that is part of the enjoyment. SO I am on the fence. They do have some relatively inexpensive options. If I drove more it would likely be a no brainer for me.

I cancelled my xm when I knew I was getting the edge. I didn't miss it too much. It got to be too filled with ads. 1-800 this 1-800 that.

I plan on relying on streaming pandora from my iPhone 4 :doh:

Or my attached iPod gen 5 when all else fails

It's nice to have options

Edited by wilsons66604

It was funny when I was canceling my xm subscription. They kept offering me discounts to xm. I said my new car has sirrius. Can you give me a discount to it? "no but we have xm devices you can plug into your car" WTF!?!? (edge has no aux connection btw)

Aren't they the same company or not???

The deal was a half price deal so before you cancel, try getting a deal. They can do it.

Interesting thread since my 6 month free Sirius is up this month. As it stands I do not plan to renew. Perhaps if Sirius and XM were combined in Canada (as they appear to be in the states) I might keep it. Overall I find I only listen to about 5 channels and they become repetitive after a while. To my amazement, since it is run by CBC, I find that the TV Satellite radio programming is better with more variety. I am into Folk and Blues and I find the Sirius coverage very poor in both areas unlike in the States where my Son gets a combined XM/Sirius signal that includes both a good Blues and a good Folk station. Also there is an increasing amount of "chatter" that at times starts to sound like regular radio. Finally, because it is a fixed system in the edge, I would have to get a second subscription (at a reduced price) to listen inside the house. Why do that when I get radio with the TV? I guess it works for a lot of people not for me, especially with pennies being a bit harder to find every day (I live in Ontario!), I will use my i-pod instead

If it worked in Alaska I would try it and see, but stuck with over the air and iPod... Which is really pretty fine.

So you don't receive any Sirius broadcasts at any time of the day? I thought Sirius satellite orbits got pretty close to Alaska. XM satellite orbits mean you don't get that service much north of Edmonton.

So you don't receive any Sirius broadcasts at any time of the day? I thought Sirius satellite orbits got pretty close to Alaska. XM satellite orbits mean you don't get that service much north of Edmonton.

every now and then it come on, but it it like a scratched record the way it cuts in and out. I have the same issue a bunch of people are saying about things not being fully subscribed and I haven't decided if it is actually worth trying to get it fixed.